sharetrader
Page 526 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 264264765165225235245255265275285295305365766261026 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Just signed up to NBR and paid $30 to read the article.

Opened it up and then see all my content there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Just signed up to NBR and paid $30 to read the article.

Opened it up and then see all my content there...

Including the graphs! Lol

We need to get that article out to the Oz investors. They love the speculative stuff

Advanced Member

The author is obviously lurking here.

Here's tomorrows follow up story.

The Infratil/Brooksfield point of view:

I've been doing more extensive "Michael Burry" type research on the relationship between Sky TV and Infratil. I've compiled a narrative what I believe is an undeniable case for an imminent take over of Sky TV and a long term commercial plan that could potentially net Infratil a billion dollar profit or more within 5 years.

BE HOLD MY STRONGEST CASE YET FOR AN INFRATIL TAKE OVER OF SKY TV:

Firstly, a bit of background information. One of Infratil's best investments was in Royal Dutch Shell. For background information on this investment read NBR's article:

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/infrat...ment-bd-143411

Basically, Infratil bought the assets off Royal Dutch Shell and re-branded the new company into Z Energy. Infratil then subsequently floated the company on the NZX a few years later for a significant profit. The question is, why would Infratil re-brand "Shell", a well known brand in New Zealand, and change it to something different?

The answer is two fold. Firstly, and most importantly was because of financial reasons. It cost Infratil over $10m per year in intellectual property rights. This was one of the main reasons why they re-branded. See this source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...o-be-renamed-Z

Secondly, it hindered the company's growth ability as it was restrained from the parent company who controlled the "rights" and direction of the brand. The use of the brand came with terms and conditions and therefore if Infratil wanted to float Shell on the NZX it needed to re-brand the company.

This brings me to Infratil's investment in Vodafone, a company that Infratil bought last year for EUR $2 billion, in a joint venture with global investment company Brooksfield Asset Management. The deal was finance with significant debt on both Infratil's and Vodafone's balance sheet. Stock analysts suspect that Infratil will float Vodafone in the near future, in a similar arrangement as Z Energy.

HOWEVER, Vodafone will have to be re-branded for an IPO to happen. So, the question is why haven't they re-branded yet? The answer, is that there are certain benefits for maintaining the brand, including support and shared commercial arrangements from the parent company. This is especially important in the first few years after it is sold, but eventually a re-branding will have to happen.

So the next question is, when they do decide to re-brand, what do they call the new company?... Z Phone, Red Mobile Company, Not The Spark Company? Yes folks, you read it here first, SKY TV WILL TAKE OVER VODAFONE!!! As nutty as that sounds, that's what will happen. The Vodafone brand will be gone in New Zealand and be another past relic, just like Bell South!

I suspect the two newly formed companies will be refloated on the NZX, sometime in the year 2024-2026. With the combined revenue, it will have a market capitalization near that of Spark. The profits for Infratil will be gigantic. And the best part is that it's all funded with debt.

I suspect Infratil will retain a holding after the IPO, and they will fully exit a few years later, just like they did with Z Energy.

I put a value of Sky today of 75c a share based on the above scenario playing out. But retail investors won't see any part of that as the company will be flogged off for a poultry 30c a share.

Just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    We need to get that article out to the Oz investors. They love the speculative stuff
    True. But pity about the paywall. NBR have clued onto the fact that writing about Sky has probably doubled or tripled their daily clicks. So hopefully they continue with the articles about Sky

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    True. But pity about the paywall. NBR have clued onto the fact that writing about Sky has probably doubled or tripled their daily clicks. So hopefully they continue with the articles about Sky
    Canceled my subscription last month...typical

Guru

Good to see Susan Paterson buying a few...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/359855

Anyone know why the sell off today? I seriously thought everything was looking positive and we would see some positive price movement?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Good to see Susan Paterson buying a few...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/359855
    It's weird that an outgoing director buys shares on market.

Done on the same day as results.

Small amount though.

I think all this insider buying recently is just window dressing.

the crying baby pattern is forming , reversal of the highs today to close on the lows could bring out the cry babies tomorrow who sell to minimize there loss hence the cry baby term. i sold mine only good for a few pips
    one step ahead of the herd