sharetrader

Hybrid View

percy

Take care with fees.
    A good broker who charges for full service, can be the most profitable way to invest in the sharemarket.
    I was very fortunate to deal with Lawrence,Milton and Howarth in ChCh, before they became a part of Craigs' Luckily all staff stayed on.
    Sound advice saved me making a lot mistakes.Capital lost takes a lot of making up.Saving $75 on brokerage while losing $1,000 or $2000 is stupid.
    Last year our profit, on hard to get Napier Port shares, was enough to pay 5 or 6 years of brokerage.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Take care with fees.
    A good broker who charges for full service, can be the most profitable way to invest in the sharemarket.
    I was very fortunate to deal with Lawrence,Milton and Howarth in ChCh, before they became a part of Craigs' Luckily all staff stayed on.
    Sound advice saved me making a lot mistakes.Capital lost takes a lot of making up.Saving $75 on brokerage while losing $1,000 or $2000 is stupid.
    Last year our profit, on hard to get Napier Port shares, was enough to pay 5 or 6 years of brokerage.
    I can assure you a lot of clients would not be particularly happy with their advisor and or NZ brokers if they knew they could get a better fee elsewhere? (particularly due to underperformance or poor returns?) It's like they prey on the 'unknowing'

How are those Napier Port shares going to do in these times of COVID19 + lack of tourism? My last visit in Napier back in Nov, locals told me the new ports were to provide docking for the larger cruise ships for the local tourism... will that ever come back? Interesting times.