sharetrader
Page 143 of 505 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Who get the blame, and bill, for having to lock down a city?
    What does it matter to you? The absolute worst case scenario and the one you seem to be horrified at facing, is the model that is already being implemented by the current government. We all got the bill. And cabinet refused to take or place blame.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    It is OK to call someone "grasshopper" but not to reply calling you "old man" ? You are showing your sensitive side.

westerly
    People can call me what they like - I have been called worse here on ST (refer NZOG, PEB, Pike River, Snakk & Plus SMS but to name a few). Call me great grandfather for all I care 😊

But if someone like tim23 wants to challenge me time & again after I have gently refuted his assertion, I reserve the right to call him out - my prerogative.

He has the right to refute my assertion of him as a grasshopper - and challenge me to a bet if he do wishes.

In any case, tim23 has been in hiding the whole day with his pathetic tail between his shrunken balls - so let’s leave him to whimper in the corner.
    Last edited by Balance; 25-09-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    People can call me what they like - I have been called worse here on ST (refer NZOG, PEB, Pike River, Snakk & Plus SMS but to make a few). Call me great grandfather for all I care 

But if someone like tim23 wants to challenge me time & again after I have gently refuted his assertion, I reserve the right to call him out - my prerogative.

He has the right to refute my assertion of him as a grasshopper - and challenge me to a bet if he do wishes.

In any case, tim23 has been in hiding the whole day with his pathetic tail between his shrunken balls - so let’s leave him to whimper in the corner.
    What an obnoxious comment. It is beyond me why you dont get banned for your personal abuse.

And what makes you so sure tim23 is male?
    Last edited by RupertBear; 24-09-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    What an obnoxious comment. It is beyond me why you dont get banned for your personal abuse.

And what makes you so sure tim23 is male?
    Chill, RB.

Ever heard the term ‘metaphorically speaking’?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Debate and discussion is healthy, but so much of the comments here are just name-calling and attacking the person and not discussing the actual issues. And I call that bullying, and that should be shut down. It would be great if you could discuss the issues and not put down people. There is not much on these election threads that is informative. As for being racist, I think it is not whether you are racist or not but how racist, because racism in an unconscious bias.
    Shutting down? Where does that end? If posts fall foul of blog rules then mods can take action. Political threads are routinely robust, especially in an election campaign.

Don't like it, don't read it, don't respond. It's not mandatory.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Shutting down? Where does that end? If posts fall foul of blog rules then mods can take action. Political threads are routinely robust, especially in an election campaign.

Don't like it, don't read it, don't respond. It's not mandatory.
    Well said Artemis. When posters and others in society start using the term "shutting down" I get very afraid. Very often it does not mean shut down "all bad speech" but generally speech or other events they do not like. One's they do like that are also hateful they do not seem to want to shut down.
    It's a political debate, but even if not, lets be for robust discussion with a bit of name calling if you like. Don't like it, go cry a river somewhere.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well said Artemis. When posters and others in society start using the term "shutting down" I get very afraid. Very often it does not mean shut down "all bad speech" but generally speech or other events they do not like. One's they do like that are also hateful they do not seem to want to shut down.
    It's a political debate, but even if not, lets be for robust discussion with a bit of name calling if you like. Don't like it, go cry a river somewhere.
    Not surprising though. Andrew Little can not wait to get rid of Winston so he can further restrict free speech, now he wants to ban what he calls hate speech against religion, the gay community and who knows what. He is a dangerous man.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    What does it matter to you? The absolute worst case scenario and the one you seem to be horrified at facing, is the model that is already being implemented by the current government. We all got the bill. And cabinet refused to take or place blame.
    Of course it matters to me - I (the tax payer) pay the bill, along with the affected businesses.
    The model, as it is now, works well - modified by need and learning.
    The example of Serco in the prisons was given - prisons worked well but Serco, for all the 'standards' they had, managed to botch that.
    Private enterprise has a primary driver - money. You don't see a conflict of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not surprising though. Andrew Little can not wait to get rid of Winston so he can further restrict free speech, now he wants to ban what he calls hate speech against religion, the gay community and who knows what. He is a dangerous man.
    To be expected out of the Pike River disaster Union leader - first he contributed to the disaster, then he pretends he really cares for the victims and throws unlimited amounts of funding to 'bring the boys' home and then, he sobs that it 'may' not be possible.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Mosque shooter was using free speech well with his manifesto (not).