sharetrader
Page 8 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    That is some down grade.
    yes, you would wonder if that dividend will hold.

I admit to having shopped at Hallensteins in the past. I could easily spend $200 (4-5 items of clothing). Last time I walked in, I couldn't find anything I liked. Spent $0. I felt they had narrowed their fashion to a specific demographic (much younger).

percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    yes, you would wonder if that dividend will hold.

I admit to having shopped at Hallensteins in the past. I could easily spend $200 (4-5 items of clothing). Last time I walked in, I couldn't find anything I liked. Spent $0. I felt they had narrowed their fashion to a specific demographic (much younger).
    I don't follow closely,so may be well off the mark,but I thought they paid out all their profit in dividends,in which case the divie will not hold.
    With Hallensteins,who I regard as top retailers, finding the rag trade hard/soft I wonder how the not so good retailers are trading?
    I know Postie are having difficulties,but much of that is of their own making.

I see the price of this stock now has a 3 in front of it instead of a 4 or a 5...hopefully plenty of people buy their Christmas presents at HLG this year!

Veteran novice

HLG were a top retailer in past years but I wonder about them these days. Where does their (former) demographic shop for clothes now?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Still shopping there for semi casual stuff. Spent quite a bit as well I must say! have noticed a marked decline in quality and breadth of products though...
    Have to disagree here. I have two teenage daughters and they have purchased quite a bit of clobber here recently. Mum has had a go at a couple of things as well, they love the new store design in Wellington as well as the clothes. This shopping will be at the expense of more expensive outlets.
    The guys at work tell me their sons and friends have all loaded up on dinner suits from them as well, very reasonable combo available aparently for leavers balls etc.....
    DISC: None held

So many clothing competitors out there days. I'm a retailer & our main street is highly geared towards clothes and females.

Pretty gloomy comments at the ASM .....even 20% drop in earnings might be a optimistic view

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11171447

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty gloomy comments at the ASM .....even 20% drop in earnings might be a optimistic view

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11171447
    Biggest issue is they dont have any brands IMO.

I will dance nude if HLG is not below $3 by end of Feb.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by boofters View Post
    Biggest issue is they dont have any brands IMO.

I will dance nude if HLG is not below $3 by end of Feb.
    Please, don't.

So the forecast 20% decline (under pressure it was) of a month ago has turned into a 39% decline in reality

December sales were rather munted weren't they

All at a time when the headlines boom out . Retail card spending climbs . Up 7.5% in December they were .......but not at HLG

Must have lost the plot
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2014 at 08:07 AM.