sharetrader
Page 25 of 871 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    the bigger the boom the bigger the bust.
    Hi Skol, You're on to it mate with your 'contrarian' point of view that been coming through lately... if its going up you should sell... Only buy when its going down. That's a great policy and I'm sure you'll profit from it immensely

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Hi Skol, You're on to it mate with your 'contrarian' point of view that been coming through lately... if its going up you should sell... Only buy when its going down. That's a great policy and I'm sure you'll profit from it immensely
    I won't be doing either because when the bell rings it will revert to the mean, it's inflation adjusted price-all the way down.

Why is gold considered an investment? Is it just because it holds its value against inflation?

It pays no dividend or rent so isn't it just gambling?

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    Why is gold considered an investment? Is it just because it holds its value against inflation?

It pays no dividend or rent so isn't it just gambling?
    It's ultimate money hard currency accepted worldwide as money for many Centuries has a will aways have value that increases on the increase of papers of tender of exhange which only causes inflation you can go to your local bank an if your a sound investment it will create money for you at interest
    -If say you wanted to buy some rare GOLD now that has to be explored for then feasibility studied with masses of money raised to pay all though the many years of painstaking work to hopefully one day produce gold for a profit which alot of times isn't all the much -One of the world's largest Gold miners think it was GOLD FIELDS- MD stated in a forward report of future gold production stated if his company had to go out again looking to replace their 50moz+ resource today he believe it would cost well north of $1000 an even as high as $1500poz in costs to replace in Exploration,Fes study ,etc etc
    An thats why we will see more NCM LGL takeovers over the next 5yrs+ t
    Last edited by JBmurc; 22-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    It's ultimate money hard currency accepted worldwide as money for many Centuries has a will aways have value that increases on the increase of papers of tender of exhange which only causes inflation you can go to your local bank an if your a sound investment it will create money for you at interest
    -If say you wanted to buy some rare GOLD now that has to be explored for then feasibility studied with masses of money raised to pay all though the many years of painstaking work to hopefully one day produce gold for a profit which alot of times isn't all the much -One of the world's largest Gold miners think it was GOLD FIELDS- MD stated in a forward report of future gold production stated if his company had to go out again looking to replace their 50moz+ resource today he believe it would cost well north of $1000 an even as high as $1500poz in costs to replace in Exploration,Fes study ,etc etc
    An thats why we will see more NCM LGL takeovers over the next 5yrs+ t
    Good post JBMurc, gold strength has been increasing this week:

Why do all the "die hard" gold investors prefer to buy actual gold and silver as opposed to an ETF. I've compared the spot price of actual gold in $AUS and then the GOLD etf price in $ASD and they are roughly the same. It saves the hassle of holding it, physically buying it with the margins involved, etc.

Why not just pay $30 odd dollars to buy the share and then another $30 odd to sell it almost instantly without the mucking around?

I'm curious to know this question.

Why do all the "die hard" gold investors prefer to buy actual gold and silver as opposed to an ETF. I've compared the spot price of actual gold in $AUS and then the GOLD etf price in $ASD and they are roughly the same. It saves the hassle of holding it, physically buying it with the margins involved, etc.

Why not just pay $30 odd dollars to buy the share and then another $30 odd to sell it almost instantly without the mucking around?

I'm curious to know this question.
    Because in an SHTF scenario, your ETF's may be worthless.

But if you've got the metal in your hand, youve got power.

If it's the same price how does it differ?

ETF will be so many $ per kg and the physicaly gold will also be so many $ per kg?

If it's the same price how does it differ?

ETF will be so many $ per kg and the physicaly gold will also be so many $ per kg?
    Yes, but the ETF relies on you being able to enforce it.

Fine in a normal situation. If the exchange system breaks down or the provider doesnt have the gold to deliver to you, then you're screwed.

Put it this way - if there was a nuclear war, how useful do you think your ETF would be?

But why would they deliver the gold to me? I'm just buying a share like I would in any share on the market. If telecom went bust they wouldn't send me a desk chair from their office.

Well if there was nuclear war then my ETF dollar amount in $NZD would be just as much as your physical gold in $NZD.

Can you please clarify in SIMPLE words and your way of thinking? I'm very confused. Thanks.