sharetrader
Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Default Direct Broking

Does anyone know when direct takes over from ANZ Some months ago, there was great urgency to register and get details in order but we havn"t heard any more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rainey View Post
    Does anyone know when direct takes over from ANZ Some months ago, there was great urgency to register and get details in order but we havn"t heard any more
    Dec 7th is the changeover.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Dec 7th is the changeover.
    Thanks for that

Guru

Placed a buy order at about 10.09 this morning. Account says placed at 10.11. It is now 10.51 and has yet to appear on depth page. Some shares traded at 10.14 at my bid and the buy price queue has grown with my order yet to show. Emailed them for explanation. Yet to receive a reply.

A market is when all bids and offers are shown. If not shown then it is not a market.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Placed a buy order at about 10.09 this morning. Account says placed at 10.11. It is now 10.51 and has yet to appear on depth page. Some shares traded at 10.14 at my bid and the buy price queue has grown with my order yet to show. Emailed them for explanation. Yet to receive a reply.

A market is when all bids and offers are shown. If not shown then it is not a market.
    I always phone them up if there are issues they don't mind .

Guru

Left the order in for an hour. No change so cancelled it.

Replaced the order. It took 5 minutes before it showed on the depth page. This did not matter in this case but in a quick moving market I would have been annoyed at the delay in placing and showing in the market.

Left the order in for an hour. No change so cancelled it.

Replaced the order. It took 5 minutes before it showed on the depth page. This did not matter in this case but in a quick moving market I would have been annoyed at the delay in placing and showing in the market.
    this is a common issue with brokers in nz , there is no such thing as direct to market order on the nzx for retail clients. they will first check to see if they can match your order in house then they will check to make sure your order will not distort the market then they may place your order. in a fast moving market crash most people will not be able to exit quickly.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    this is a common issue with brokers in nz , there is no such thing as direct to market order on the nzx for retail clients. they will first check to see if they can match your order in house then they will check to make sure your order will not distort the market then they may place your order. in a fast moving market crash most people will not be able to exit quickly.
    Yet I put a sell order in a few minutes ago and already have the contract note.

This is what I expect.

I think in my earlier order that it was simply forgotten about in their processing.

Still no reply from email sent.

Hi 777, I had the virtually the same experience yesterday, with processing an order which show up as placed on the screen but not showing in the market depth for some time so I rang one of their traders. It turns out that there is a manual component involved at their end to put an order through to the markets. They were short staffed yesterday due to January holidays and were struggling to keep up with the amount of orders.
    Hence if there is ever a rush for the exits, we are no show to get an order in the queue.

Yet I put a sell order in a few minutes ago and already have the contract note.

This is what I expect.

I think in my earlier order that it was simply forgotten about in their processing.

Still no reply from email sent.
    Don't hold you breath for a reply. I send a e-mail more than a week before Christmas and you guessed ..............no reply.