sharetrader
Page 127 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1593

Thread: Tegel IPO

Filthy: good company & it’ll come right once they can unlock the potential
    Been building that potential up over 56 years or so eh .... have to be unlocked one day ...yes?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Been building that potential up over 56 years or so eh .... have to be unlocked one day ...yes?
    I think Feltex was a good company waiting for its potential to be unlocked?

Pity it had to go broke first and allow Godfrey Hirst to realize that potential eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Pity it had to go broke first and allow Godfrey Hirst to realize that potential eh?
    LOL that's a real classic, surely the best post on this forum today !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Which will need capital and needs volume.. The rest need labour.. Which is expensive..
    pass this through to the customer though. people are lazy, so happy to buy ready-made as long as it tastes good eh

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    we'd have the place humming eh W69! lol

Yes, Feltex was abysmal... a different company, in a different time, in a different market..... a very comical comparison though Bal! lol

Surely punters wont see TGH 'going broke' any time soon.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    pass this through to the customer though. people are lazy, so happy to buy ready-made as long as it tastes good eh
    A little late for Tegel to follow that path.. Colonel Sanders moved on that one in 1952..

Could be a better place to put any spare cash..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    A little late for Tegel to follow that path.. Colonel Sanders moved on that one in 1952..

Could be a better place to put any spare cash..
    The halal market is certainly there for non-pork ham and sausages. Unfortunately, that market is well supplied already.

Go to the local supermarket and you will see chicken 'ham' and sausages - unfortunately again, they are priced about the same as the ham and other sausages.

Membaa

The halal market is certainly there for non-pork ham and sausages. Unfortunately, that market is well supplied already.

Go to the local supermarket and you will see chicken 'ham' and sausages - unfortunately again, they are priced about the same as the ham and other sausages.
    Whats the retail price update this week Balance? Up, down, unchanged? I rely on you for my chicken shopping advice, whether it's Mad Butcher specials or somewhere else. I don't like high prep chicken though, I prefer skin on, just hack the limbs or breasts off, sell it as is in a big flat pack, cook a few, freeze a few, the less human intervention the better. Keep an eye open for those specials would you please and keep us posted. Thanks.

BAA

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I don’t see chicken as much of an ‘exportable product’

most other countries already farm their own, so there is absolutely no differential for Tegal unless they can really push the “100% Pure NZ” (free-range? organic? grain fed?) angle

the real growth path lies solely within the domestic market via offering value added products
    The Aust market is doable. Afterall, Inghams has made ground here - so the reverse is always possible. The ability to export raw to the West Island has huge potential .. but it's one they've not , thus far, delivered on.

I agree, they need greater product innovation, this was outlined as a focus in the IPO document - and what's to show?

This stock is not as poor as some would hope, the doomsday - Feltex comparisons et al, but they have been a s##t on a stick investment.