sharetrader
Page 416 of 736 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7353

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    What's the price going to be at open Monday?Any guesses?
    $3.55 .....or lots less if the likes of Onion and JT were in for a quick buck (but I gather they don't get the shares until Tuesday)
    Last edited by winner69; 22-05-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Yes I am somewhat surprised at the discount. I wonder whether institutions are reluctant to hold large positions retailers given their highly cyclical nature? Can be hard to offload large amounts of shares when the story changes, whereas retail investors can generally unload their positions within a few days?
    I would guess institutions may doubt the pandemic sales surge will continue,in which case ,the on going issues of right sizing the business still have to be faced.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would guess institutions may doubt the pandemic sales surge will continue,in which case ,the on going issues of right sizing the business still have to be faced.

Interesting point too -- the post Covid-19 Trading bubble may well affect other stocks too

Does this mean SP overpricing in other retailers & service providers when the effects of the bubble
    are through & normalised post Covid trading results start filtering through ?

Indicators on this could be reflected in the earlier of listed retail stocks reporting later this year..

Didn't WHS close down some outlets & lay off 1000 or so last year ?

Guru

How will more inflation affect WHS too?

Im a bit spooked by amazon increasing their prescence here but some years ago they added GST to those tax avoiders to level the playing field so the warehouse should be good in the medium term.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Advanced Member

The budget should be good for the warehouse, popular with beneficiaries

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Pre made pizza's, WW own brand, $4 in Countdown.

Guess where they are made? Italy!

McCains pizza $6.30, Made in NZ

Some Watties branded tomato products also from Italy.

The own brand potato fries imported from? The Netherlands!

I used to think NZ was a garden...

Must be clocking up some Green miles eh?
    This made me laugh... if correct about the italian made pizza vs nz made McCains and both sold here. Anyway I will stick with the ready-made dominoes $5 deal

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Interesting point too -- the post Covid-19 Trading bubble may well affect other stocks too

Does this mean SP overpricing in other retailers & service providers when the effects of the bubble
    are through & normalised post Covid trading results start filtering through ?

Indicators on this could be reflected in the earlier of listed retail stocks reporting later this year..

Didn't WHS close down some outlets & lay off 1000 or so last year ?
    "This is from 8th June 2020 announcement.
    The proposed changes to our footprint consider factors including proximity to our other stores,
    shopping habits of those in the area, store profitability and lease arrangements. The Group will
    continue to assess its store network and has flexibility in its lease renewal profile with approximately
    one quarter of its network coming up for renewal within the next 15 months".

Logistics and pricing issues are ongoing.
    On the plus side as ratkin pointed out, the budget will give WHS customers more money to spend,which they will do.
    Last edited by percy; 22-05-2021 at 05:42 PM.

I noted in the recent half year result that their weighted average lease term is 4 years so there is quite a considerable opportunity to rationalize their extensive national footprint over the next few years especially in light of store within a store and online initiatives. I hope they don't do an acquisition, they have a lot of work to do on enhancing efficiencies and optimizing product selection.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-05-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Where's the self-service checkouts?

Kmart has them already and both supermarkets.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The pandemic recovery has and continues to involve distributions of billions of $ into the economy, I suspect retail will benefit (pun) for years to come.