sharetrader
Page 122 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Comvita's reason for drop in profits from poor harvests - simply does not stack up.

Here's proof from a badly affected player - summing up what anyone in the manuka honey industry has known for the last 2 years - increased competition with corresponding drop in margins from many new players to obtain the unsustainably huge margins available a few years ago.

https://www.nxt.co.nz/companies/ONL/...cements/318773

Excerpt : "However pricing for Manuka Honey then dropped sharply in China. Margins evaporated and it became apparent that there was an over-supply of Manuka Honey in China with suppliers aggressively discounting their product. While the market has now recovered, margins are still significantly less than they were two years ago".
    What's this? Some ant coming up with excuses as to why their stuff isn't selling

The market was saturated with fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What's this? Some ant coming up with excuses as to why their stuff isn't selling

The market was saturated with fakes.
    The market is saturated with genuine, low grade manuka from NZ/Oz.......

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    The market is saturated with genuine, low grade manuka from NZ/Oz.......
    You may be able to enlghten, kiwidollabill - told by a manuka honey farmer that most of the high UMF honey (which were fetching top prices) which were sold in previous years had their UMF level artificially increased by heat treatment.

Problem is that the UMF level drops back quickly after a few months and this was uncovered by the Germans and UK labs.

Hence, the huge volume of low grade manuka honey available today.

PS. Comvita would have been a huge beneficiary of the artificial high UMF levels as it was the biggest player in the industry until 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-06-2018 at 11:44 AM.

You may be able to enlghten, kiwidollabill - told by a manuka honey farmer that most of the high UMF honey (which were fetching top prices) which were sold in previous years had their UMF level artificially increased by heat treatment.

Problem is that the UMF level drops back quickly after a few months and this was uncovered by the Germans and UK labs.

Hence, the huge volume of low grade manuka honey available today.

PS. Comvita would have been a huge beneficiary of the artificial high UMF levels as it was the biggest player in the industry until 2 years ago.

Heat treatment (you can do the same thing by 'aging' the honey) and how it affects DHA/MGO levels (UMF ratings) has been well known for many years, this is caught out by high HMF levels in testing so not many keep trying to play this trick anymore.

Alot of the 'high grade' manuka isnt able to be imported into China (legally) because the beekeepers do so much sugar feeding (and manuka is early flowering) that it doesnt pass the C4 sugar test. Is is rare for anything higher than 15+ to enter China through the formal channels. There is alot of low grade arround because to pass the C4 test the honey companies (esp CVT) have to dilute the manuka with something else - NB: honeysuckle/clover honey is often used for this purpose and one of the reasons why that too is so expensive in the supermarket.

If you look at the CVT reports, they have been sitting on historically ALOT of inventory despite the fact the seasons have been so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Heat treatment (you can do the same thing by 'aging' the honey) and how it affects DHA/MGO levels (UMF ratings) has been well known for many years, this is caught out by high HMF levels in testing so not many keep trying to play this trick anymore.

Alot of the 'high grade' manuka isnt able to be imported into China (legally) because the beekeepers do so much sugar feeding (and manuka is early flowering) that it doesnt pass the C4 sugar test. Is is rare for anything higher than 15+ to enter China through the formal channels. There is alot of low grade arround because to pass the C4 test the honey companies (esp CVT) have to dilute the manuka with something else - NB: honeysuckle/clover honey is often used for this purpose and one of the reasons why that too is so expensive in the supermarket.

If you look at the CVT reports, they have been sitting on historically ALOT of inventory despite the fact the seasons have been so poor.
    Game is up for Comvita - it is but an agricultural stock subject to the vagaries of nature.

Will take a few more years of proof before the die-hards start to realize so all the better for those who see the light to get the hell out while the diehards continue to hold and buy more shares!

Game is up for Comvita - it is but an agricultural stock subject to the vagaries of nature.

Will take a few more years of proof before the die-hards start to realize so all the better for those who see the light to get the hell out while the diehards continue to hold and buy more shares!
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-count...ectid=12062153

Sign of the times - wholesalers moving into retail to capture the retail margins.

CVT - slip, sliding away

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/319114

Tokenism on a grand scale!

I couldn't agree more. TA looks almost as sick as FA on this stock.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

lol, that's pretty funny. The previous disclosure was an on market sell.

I dunno what to say. I'm watching this everyday. Still haven't re-entered. I'm gonna chuck $100k on this, just a question of when.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    lol, that's pretty funny. The previous disclosure was an on market sell.

I dunno what to say. I'm watching this everyday. Still haven't re-entered. I'm gonna chuck $100k on this, just a question of when.
    I'd de-risk such a brave investment by waiting until it breaks up through the 100 day moving average if I were you, (assuming this ever happens lol) but I get this funny feeling you'll ignore this good sensible risk mitigation suggestion so it'll wish you good luck as well because I think you'll need it
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine