sharetrader
Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

SSH Notice - Silvia Trustees Limited - The founder is selling out. This is the 2nd time he has sold his shares in the last few months. What is going on?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    SSH Notice - Silvia Trustees Limited - The founder is selling out. This is the 2nd time he has sold his shares in the last few months. What is going on?
    Rhetorical question, right?

Obviously the new deck is bigger and costing more than they thought

Seems he's selling out to fund his new venture. Extracts from an article in the NRB on 2nd March, other news feeds also covered this:

> Kiwi entrepreneur Nick Bartlett, the co-founder and original chief executive of (whisper it) GeoOp [NZX: GEO] has launched a Kickstarter campaign for a device called Bluejay – a mount for your smartphone with built-in Bluetooth.
    > The Bluejay campaign launched four days ago and as NBR types has raised just north of $US55,000.
    > Its public goal is to get to $US80,000 by March 31. But Mr Bartlett says his company's internal goal is to hit $US200,000-plus (with Swedish rounding, call it $NZ300,000).
    > After selling out of GeoOp, he moved to Europe with his Slovenian wife. The pair are now settled in Slovenia for the foreseeable future.

The most interesting question about GeoOP's recent trading activity relates to 15th January when the share price spiked from $0.40 to close at $0.50, a 5 month high, over the next 2 days it fell back to $0.38 and has trended downward since. At the time the $0.50 close appeared to be an outlier, except GEO's subsequent half year update disclosed the company had vested 50,000 shares to the CEO on 29th January on the basis the share price having closed at $0.50 on 15th January. According to the update the incentive scheme shares would be "awarded upon the Company’s share price achieving certain share price targets (based on end‐of‐day pricing on a specific trading day)".

A salties are smelling blood (Darwin competitor). https://try.servicem8.com/switch_from_geoop/?gclid=CJ62qM38hcwCFYJjvAodBXcEbA

Ok, so let me get this right.... GeoOp has never made a profit, from what I can tell the are almost out of money. They are going to buy a company with no money and list on the ASX with what track record? All I can see is that they are going to try to fleece even more people? Thoughts?

https://www.nzx.com/companies/GEO/announcements/280888

Guru

Ok, so let me get this right.... GeoOp has never made a profit, from what I can tell the are almost out of money. They are going to buy a company with no money and list on the ASX with what track record? All I can see is that they are going to try to fleece even more people? Thoughts?
    yes

​Need 10 characters.

Well at least I wan't the only one scratching my head and looking at the lint in my pocket.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Well at least I wan't the only one scratching my head and looking at the lint in my pocket.
    Yep, you'd have to be crazier than a monkey brandishing a maraca on a banana skin high to touch this thing. I'd been looking it over from a contrarian viewpoint but, oh lordy, what a mess... This might be the single worst stock on the NZX. I stand to be corrected as that's a mighty low appraisal...
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 19-04-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    This might be the single worst stock on the NZX.
    "Pick-a-pup: Future dogs of the NZX." That could be a very interesting competition actually.