sharetrader
Page 334 of 446 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Problem is their business model does not work. For every $1 they receive it costs them more than $1. So increasing revenues will mean increasing losses. As a shareholder I would hope revenues decline and thus losses decline to protect my wealth.
    Probably a bit worse than that

For every dollar they receive the media company gets 63 cents leaving 37 cents left to spend but at the moment they are spending heaps more than that to make that 37 cents

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    at the moment they are spending heaps more than that..
    It's not a business model thing. They are re-investing to grow scale. They've said this repeatedly.
    Given the opportunity size I'd be worried if they weren't spending heaps more.
    Surely you don't think mobile advertising is fully mature yet do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftideas View Post
    It's not a business model thing. They are re-investing to grow scale. They've said this repeatedly.
    Given the opportunity size I'd be worried if they weren't spending heaps more.
    Surely you don't think mobile advertising is fully mature yet do you?
    ......so what level of expenses do they need to make the most of these opportunities?

Or maybe the question should be when sales (net of media costs) are $20m (currently $2.9m) what will the expense base (currently $4.8m)

I know they have to spend to win ....but how much and what is the prize?

I think they are just a misunderstood company moosie

Default good question

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I know they have to spend to win ....but how much and what is the prize?
    Spend is a company question. Prize is somewhere in here;

Globally, Gartner estimates that the mobile ad market will reach US$18bn in 2014, rising to US$42bn by 2017, a CAGR of 33%. Estimates for Asia Pacific are slightly lower at 30%, as the area is starting from a higher penetration base in Japan and South Korea, diluting the regional growth rate. Frost & Sullivan cite forecast mobile growth rate for the Australian market of 39%, although the latest IAB Australia figures estimate Q114 growth of 4.9%, accounting for 15.3% of total online advertising spend (+1.0% over Q413).

From here: http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....ny/snakk-media

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    How long will Snakk remain unprofitable?
    'Snakk is not about trying to pursue short term profits. Everything we do at Snakk is about the long term.' - Derek Handley 2013 AGM
    "Snakk posted its first quarterly profit on Monday, of $27,000….and the company has been ploughing that back into staff and operating systems in Australia and New Zealand, and into researching the Asian markets… there is a lot of planning to do first." Mark Ryan Mar 2014

What country(s) are they expanding into? Target markets?
    “Centering our operation in Asia’s regional hub makes sense as the majority of decisions made in Singapore directly influence other markets. We also see Singapore as an ideal launch point for moving into other countries and regions, including Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.” Release June 2014

5 year plan?
    Yeah right

We don't know, because they won't tell us!
    Or maybe you won't listen.

I want another post from Mark Ryan. That has to have been the best moment in my market watching career. Love it when Vince has to get involved. Come on Mark. I'm sure you still read this from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftideas View Post
    'Snakk is not about trying to pursue short term profits. Everything we do at Snakk is about the long term.' - Derek Handley 2013 AGM
    "Snakk posted its first quarterly profit on Monday, of $27,000….and the company has been ploughing that back into staff and operating systems in Australia and New Zealand, and into researching the Asian markets… there is a lot of planning to do first." Mark Ryan Mar 2014

“Centering our operation in Asia’s regional hub makes sense as the majority of decisions made in Singapore directly influence other markets. We also see Singapore as an ideal launch point for moving into other countries and regions, including Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.” Release June 2014

Yeah right

Or maybe you won't listen.
    Quoting from Snakk? You forgot the quotes about :

1. Listing on ASX,

2. Big sellers out of the way (to replaced by shares sold via options exercised),

3. Making a profit (what profit?)

Suggest you get Chairman Handley's book to quote from too then.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-06-2014 at 09:59 AM.

One Snakker just sent me a reputation comment with : "Have you got nothing to contribute at all'.

Them snakkers*really hate the truth, don't they?

Has really made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by lambton View Post
    But still to make a profit. So burning cash in the meantime.
    Yeah just like Xero. And GEO. And SLI. And Serco. And PEB. And pretty much every company that is about to list.

I think this is called a bubble chaps.