sharetrader
Page 343 of 397 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3966

Anybody remember how much thl has ‘invested’ in the US and this TH2 thing?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Vague memory its somewhere around $30m...that's just off memory, sorry don't have time to go back and review all the announcements so I am sure someone will correct me.
    Seems like throwing money down a deep and dark rat hole to me. Someone really needs to take the board to task at the annual meeting and question when they are ever going to see dividends from this very expensive fishing expedition.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-10-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Vague memory its somewhere around $30m...that's just off memory, sorry don't have time to go back and review all the announcements so I am sure someone will correct me.
    Seems like throwing money down a deep and dark rat hole to me.
    I see from last presentation that Funds Employed in the US / TOGO is over $200m

Includes working capital etc

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see from last presentation that Funds Employed in the US / TOGO is over $200m

Includes working capital etc
    Oh my goodness They must think its going to change the world, (I am very skeptical).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Don’t know if this chart I found is relevant or not but it looks pretty cool

From here
    https://www.thewanderingrv.com/rv-in...cts/#tab-con-7

No wonder thl went for broke a few years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 22-10-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Phew says Rob - no meeting today. Hopefully everybody has forgotten the bad news of Monday and when we do have a meeting punters will be happier.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...033/310302.pdf

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Just got back from doing a couple of Maui relocations.
    First was two nights Queenstown to Christchurch then did four nights Christchurch to Auckland.
    Had the same type of van both times, (which was a bit of a bugger that I didn’t get to try something else!) although the second was a year older than the first one.
    First off, the customer experience dealing with the staff all branches were pretty good.
    Picking up and dropping off in Auckland were both pretty smooth and reasonably quick, and Christchurch was good although there was a bit of a wait in getting to our new van as being relocation customer rather than full paying customers, we expected that, (we have done these before but not for several years).
    The branches are good, quite welcoming and modern looking, especially the Christchurch branch which is in a whole new location since we were last there and very nice.

The vans were four berth Maui branded vans with a bed that pulls down from the ceiling space at the back, as well as a second that you make up using the back seat, so if there were four of you in the van it would feel like bunk beds! We slept both times in the top pull down bed as you only have to make the bed up once and then just throw the bed up out of the way during the day! Brilliant.
    Would I like to have four people in the van? No! but some people don’t mind getting close to one another I suppose!
    The vans we had had Navigation and Campermate app installed in van, however I found the Campermate app on my phone to be more up to date, However I can see where THL are going with this and do think in time it will add to the overall experience in time.
    The vans were generally in good condition, although I thought they could have been cleaned a little better. There was a bit of dust around places that could have been easily cleaned.
    They were based on turbo diesel Mercedes Sprinter’s and they were very easy to drive and moved along quite nicely on the road, even managed 80kms an hour up the Bombays!
    The campgrounds we stayed in were all ok, facilities generally good a couple still have pay for use showers which at $$40 odd dollars a night I think should be included in the cost of staying there. Everyone campground between $40-$48 a night for two people on a powered site, which I think is a bit pricy for what you get, and I can see why freedom camping has become very popular.

Lastly I was surprised how busy the Campgrounds were at this time of year and at just how many THL branded campervans were out there, there seemed to be way more than the other campervan operators out there, so from a purely unscientific observation of the last week driving around particularly the South Island I would say the rental side of the business seems to be going great guns!
    Also the amount of German tourists driving around was also quite interesting to note, there seems to be heaps here at the moment!

Good stuff Benny

The free parking / camping around Owhiro Bay in Wellington is chocker most nights winter and summer ...and Thl have a decent market share.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Sounds like a fun kind of job Benny.
    Ive owned THL about a decade ago and used to keenly count RVs and competition brands out there etc..
    It used to be a fun road trip thing like eye spy.
    As soon as they went off shore and bought BEARs in USA I sold out.
    They have since ventured way beyond their knitting and got their fingers in Aussy and USA and IT stuff . I'm so out these days, anything offshore and IT frighten the bejesus out of me.
    The master stroke for them was when they bought out their main competition , Apollo, some years ago but have now gone way beyond their core strength from just renting camper vans in the most beautiful country in the world. Camper vans running around NZ may be going well, why wouldn't it, but offshore earnings (and their IT project) seem to negatively overshadow any good results achieved here in NZ
    Last edited by Maverick; 08-11-2019 at 12:21 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Sounds like a fun kind of job Benny.
    Ive owned THL about a decade ago and used to keenly count RVs and competition brands out there etc..
    It used to be a fun road trip thing like eye spy.
    As soon as they went off shore and bought BEARs in USA I sold out.
    They have since ventured way beyond their knitting and got their fingers in Aussy and USA and IT stuff . I'm so out these days, anything offshore and IT frighten the bejesus out of me.
    The master stroke for them was when they bought out their main competition , Apollo, some years ago but have now gone way beyond their core strength from just renting camper vans in the most beautiful country in the world. Camper vans running around NZ may be going well, why wouldn't it, but offshore earnings (and their IT project) seem to negatively overshadow any good results achieved here in NZ
    I think Apollo [ATL asx] would be very surprised to learn they sold out to THL...lol..
    Last edited by percy; 08-11-2019 at 12:30 PM.