sharetrader
Page 75 of 153 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Looking for new investment and have finally decided to go with MFT instead of ZEL. First time buying such a high valued stock so not looking to have a large holding to start with. Was going to revisit SPK, with its high dividend yield, but its SP hardly moves, so put my bet on MFT, which looks more promising for capital gain.
    Welcome aboard. Now sit back and relax :-)

For some reason 'Steel balls' comes to mind. Good luck with your investment.
    Not holding directly ( but exposure via KFL)
    Last edited by SPC; 08-09-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Additional information

I'm out I prefer rockets to trucks anyways
    🚀🚀🚀 Tendies 🚀🚀🚀

Investments

Is MFT bidding its time to cross $ 100 or its given up to try another season ?

Normally MFT does not recede so much from its Highs ...But still hope is there till its over $ 90 maybe

yeah, been dropping about $1 a day so I just keep averaging down hopefully it's just profit taking by some punters
    read about freight cost going up again this morning, so should be one of the strongest performing industry during the pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Is MFT bidding its time to cross $ 100 or its given up to try another season ?

Normally MFT does not recede so much from its Highs ...But still hope is there till its over $ 90 maybe
    As a casual observer I suspect there is probably a great deal of resistance at $100. Particularly with a lot of the casual holders who see the number as more of a target than a number to value the company at. I reckon its likely to bobble around $90-$100 for a while until more investors come to terms with $100 being the new norm.

Veteran novice

The fuss over covid testing of freight transport drivers as they transit in and out of the Auckland zone probably isn't helping perception of the industry either.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The fuss over covid testing of freight transport drivers as they transit in and out of the Auckland zone probably isn't helping perception of the industry either.
    Crazy that this is happening. The industry asked Government for consultation to prepare for this, weeks ago, but received no response.

Surely this is an opportunity for a large, respected logistics company like Mainfreight to leave its competitors further in the dust by efficiently scheduling and handling the logistics of regular COVID testing. A vaccinated, regularly tested supply chain is a potential competitive advantage after all.

Fourth truck driver infectious with COVID-19 in Queensland

Nestle warehouses in some countries require their workers to take a PCR test every week before a shift starts. This stuff is basic risk mitigation.
    Last edited by Jaa; 09-09-2021 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Added link

Guru

You would think that they would understand that they have some responsibilities when being allowed to roam between the areas and just get on with it.