sharetrader
Page 161 of 899 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 8982
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Same here, got another 10k on close, just can't help myself. Looking forward to a biggish div. Now all we have to do is sit tight until after Christmas and new year and January holidays, then about 12 weeks after that, another biggish div, which is about 16 weeks from now
    Good on you, love your enthusiasm, nice close at $3.57, couple of weeks ago I thought $3.40 would be the high before the Ex date. Have enough of these at around 35% of portfolio total, one of 3 stocks im currently holding, I kinda like the sound of a third time's three, nice and simple.

Had somebody say 15% growth is a bit optimistic for the whole year

OK let's run with 7.5% --- in retail still pretty amazing

Only problem with that assumption is that H2 sales will be less or about the same as H2 last year

With the current momentum that this well managed company has is that really likely?

Yes 5 bucks on the card next year I reckon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

I havnt bought a single t-shirt from hallensteins this summer, nothing appealing for me, pretty bland offerings so far. So my t-shirt gauge says be careful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I havnt bought a single t-shirt from hallensteins this summer, nothing appealing for me, pretty bland offerings so far. So my t-shirt gauge says be careful.
    Your gauge is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Had somebody say 15% growth is a bit optimistic for the whole year

OK let's run with 7.5% --- in retail still pretty amazing

Only problem with that assumption is that H2 sales will be less or about the same as H2 last year

With the current momentum that this well managed company has is that really likely?

Yes 5 bucks on the card next year I reckon
    They need a new gauge too and a new window. A while back I posted an analysis of first seven weeks and next ten weeks sales and the most recent ten weeks sales are up a whopping 22% so momentum is actually building ! In addition anyone who's actually not locked up inside in solitary confinement in a prison might have noticed that we're actually having the makings of a good summer this year for the first time in about 7 years, (I know we had a good one seven years ago because I repainted my kennel that summer and we haven't had as good a one since). No need to discount end of season stock at the end of this summer, stock will probably sell out no problem and they might have trouble getting enough stock to sell !

Momentum is clearly building across the Tasman, Percy are you going to the annual meeting to ask about Australian growth ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-12-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I only do 4pm start meetings,preferably on a Friday afternoon..!!!!!!..lol.
    9.30am cup of tea and meet the directors,before the 10am meeting starts??? Not me .
    If they are that miserable,they will not giveaway any gems.
    Think I will just read the agm presentation on line.Can't see them straying from that.
    See how I go after Craigs do on Monday,10am start at Chateau on the Park;,AIA,MEL and OCA presenting, and "A complimentary light lunch will be provided."
    Last edited by percy; 07-12-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No need to discount end of season stock at the end of this summer, stock will probably sell out no problem and they might have trouble getting enough stock to sell !
    Gee Roger why would you say that, is it just a ramp hoping no one does any research? A simple check would show that the discounts never stop and in retail the start of a season is when the sales for the current season are in full swing. Especially leading into the festive period. https://www.glassons.com (check the front page first and then click on 'Sales') Luckily everything they sell has such outrageous markups that the sales prices are still making good profits.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Gee Roger why would you say that, is it just a ramp hoping no one does any research? A simple check would show that the discounts never stop and in retail the start of a season is when the sales for the current season are in full swing. Especially leading into the festive period. https://www.glassons.com (check the front page first and then click on 'Sales') Luckily everything they sell has such outrageous markups that the sales prices are still making good profits.
    As any old retailer will tell you, there's a big difference between start of the season sales, and getting rid of end of season stock.
    One is profitable,the other is not.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Your gauge is broken.
    Very accurate for me but im big on t-shirts and i know what i like.Have bought many over the years from hallensteins, nothing so far this summer. Im hopeful they will get some cool designs in, i check weekly, you have to as they cleverly introduce new stuff continuously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Just like Briscoes aye, always a sale, but as long as punters think they are getting a bargin, that's all that matters. PS- Had a look at that front page you mentioned and had a wee blush..