sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I'm a dummy but always saw A2 as a marketing company. Why are highly paid analysts only coming around now?
    I've been a happy subscriber to the Intelligent Investor for around ten years.They are value investors and so always struggle with growth stocks that seem expensive based on cash flow.

I see it as beneficial that they challenge their own assumptions - they are very good at working though their mistakes and why they happened.

Investor

Closed on ASX at $15.59 which equates to $16.18 NZ, let’s see what’s in store tmrw

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    To think Beagle was mocking Couta for saying 16 was "right around the corner" just a few days ago. I hope new readers to this forum consider such things.
    Must admit that was a very robust exchange of viewpoints but that's what makes a market and makes this place interesting. If everyone else only made just over 1 post a month like some members do...this place would be like a morgue...

$17+ was what was talked about and F.Y.I. Coutts and I are great mates so it was all discussed in the spirit of just giving him a really good ribbing. He's got thick skin and can easily take it. I only eat humble pie if it goes over $17 before or within 3 days after the interim report NZX release, (even then I will be quietly content to eat same) as I have heaps of Kingfish (KFL) and guess what is their biggest investment position
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-01-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    To think Beagle was mocking Couta for saying 16 was "right around the corner" just a few days ago. I hope new readers to this forum consider such things.
    Hey, was that a tone? No need for that!
    Beagle is one of the most highly respected & informed contributors to this forum, & the informed analysis (& the humour) which he generously shares is hugely appreciated.

Chill out guys, the forum is what it is about mocking each others for different opinions and laughing, no hard feelings .

Guru

As the reporting season nears, out pop the players...the play-uppers and the play-downers...Some with good intentions, some not...A plethora of Information and misinformation affecting sentiment...just an extra complication for us investors (both FAers and TAers) to deal with.....
    Let the fun begin...Best of luck chaps (and Chapesses)
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-01-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    As the reporting season nears, out pop the players...the play-uppers and the play-downers...Some with good intentions, some not...A plethora of Information and misinformation affecting sentiment...just an extra complication for us investors (both FAers and TAers) to deal with.....
    Ack welcome back Hoop and let the fun begin as you say.There has been a lot while you have been away
    Last edited by kiora; 23-01-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Outside thinking.

ATM - the decades best performing stock according to Bloomberg (outperforming Apple and Alibaba to head the MSC Index) (Link here)

Congratulations to all holders.

(Disc 50% of my portfolio, holding and happy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    ATM - the decades best performing stock according to Bloomberg (outperforming Apple and Alibaba to head the MSC Index) (Link here)

Congratulations to all holders.

(Disc 50% of my portfolio, holding and happy.)
    Indeed!

Congrats especially to those who held their nerves and their shares!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    A very warm welcome back Hoop. Its awesome to have you back and your legendary TA skills have been really missed. Its made my day seeing you back here
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine