sharetrader
Page 98 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: KMD - Kathmandu

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Needed a new pair of hiking boots and even though Easter sale over but there was a hike and trek sale for Summit Club menbers.

Liked these $220pair (reduced from some exorbitant ticket price) and they fitted really well and comfortable as. The nice sales guy seemed to know his stuff and was really friendly and helpful - he told me they have issues with that model and pointed out where they would split and where the soles might separate from the uppers and I shouldn't buy them

Ended up with another brand he recommended which felt just as good - cost $129.99 and when i paid the nice girl at the checkout gave me a voucher for $20 to take off my next purchase. Ticket price was $319 ha ha

Not often does get the down sell treatment (even though he tried the up sell to socks etc).

Hope Kathmandu margins are holding up

A couple of months ago I had to purchase a new rain jacket at the last minute for an impromptu trip to the tongariro crossing. Picked up an NGX jacket at what I thought was a pretty good price at the time but now see it retailing at $150.00! They're also selling their three layer goretex jacket for $450.00 on clearance... I guess they'll be clearing stock before the winter sale.

Jeremy Clarkson was seen wearing a Kathmandu jacket in this weeks re-run of the best of Top Gear, maybe that will help ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Needed a new pair of hiking boots and even though Easter sale over but there was a hike and trek sale for Summit Club menbers.

Liked these $220pair (reduced from some exorbitant ticket price) and they fitted really well and comfortable as. The nice sales guy seemed to know his stuff and was really friendly and helpful - he told me they have issues with that model and pointed out where they would split and where the soles might separate from the uppers and I shouldn't buy them

Ended up with another brand he recommended which felt just as good - cost $129.99 and when i paid the nice girl at the checkout gave me a voucher for $20 to take off my next purchase. Ticket price was $319 ha ha

Not often does get the down sell treatment (even though he tried the up sell to socks etc).

Hope Kathmandu margins are holding up
    I love great retail sales assistants who are good at up selling.
    I had a very pleasant experience at Hallensteins Dressmart Hornby, where the proffessional assistant doubled the value of my purchase,by suggesting I add black dress woollen socks, at $5 a pair to my $10 pollo shirt.I went for them, and brought two pair.!!!.
    Last edited by percy; 17-04-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson was seen wearing a Kathmandu jacket in this weeks re-run of the best of Top Gear, maybe that will help ?
    Cough... Cough.. Yeah right ...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I love great retail sales assistants who are good at up selling.
    I had a very pleasant experience at Hallensteins Dressmart Hornby, where the proffessional assistant doubled the value of my purchase,by suggesting I add black dress woollen socks, at $5 a pair to my $10 pollo shirt.I went for them, and brought two pair.!!!.
    A person of your stature perc in the public domain not having " Black Socks " !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tut Tut....

I still retain my. Original " RED SOCKS " Just in-case Dirty Dennis wishes for a rematch.. :-)))

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    A person of your stature perc in the public domain not having " Black Socks " !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tut Tut....

I still retain my. Original " RED SOCKS " Just in-case Dirty Dennis wishes for a rematch.. :-)))
    I only ever buy black socks,saves having to match a pair,does not matter if you lose one,or get a hole in one.!

One of the goals I hope to attain from my share investing is to one day be able to afford socks with a pattern. I'm slumming it for now...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    One of the goals I hope to attain from my share investing is to one day be able to afford socks with a pattern. I'm slumming it for now...
    I once had a pair of socks with a wonderful Teddy Bear pattern on them.
    Received them from my daughters one Christmas.
    I guess one daughter brought one,while the other daughter brought the other.

Guru

So the story here is you don't have to be able to afford the socks - just the children to buy them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So the story here is you don't have to be able to afford the socks - just the children to buy them for you.

If you can afford children they'll pay you sock dividends...