sharetrader
Page 265 of 277 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by malreid View Post
    Is that faint noise the sound of government issue flip-flops coming down the corridor? This lot are going to desperate to get something actually accomplished, for better or worse other than breaking Auckland, before the next vote comes around.
    Really?

And completely throw all pretence of their ‘green’ credentials by supporting an old, inefficient, run down and heavy crude refinery with taxpayers’ funds?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126...-save-refinery

The Cabinet decided not to follow through on the idea of talks to try to save the Marsden Point oil refinery by underwriting the refinery for a period of up to 10 years, it has been confirmed.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Really?

And completely throw all pretence of their ‘green’ credentials by supporting an old, inefficient, run down and heavy crude refinery with taxpayers’ funds?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126...-save-refinery

The Cabinet decided not to follow through on the idea of talks to try to save the Marsden Point oil refinery by underwriting the refinery for a period of up to 10 years, it has been confirmed.
    Well that's all good. Sold half my holding 2 weeks ago and bought them back again last week. $3.78 here we come, not to mention the 7c div due into my bank account on 8/12/21.

Punters getting worried about the outcome

Gone 7 cents ex divie ...... was that a part payment of takeover price?

Share price heading to 350 odd
    Last edited by winner69; 18-11-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Electric car makers Rivian and Lucid going gangbusters! Now bigger than Ford and GM!!

Government banning fuel car imports in 2025, then completely gone 20 years later.

By 2025 it will be cheaper to run an electric car than petrol.

Seriously, I couldn't think of anything more dead than a petrol station. Sure, there's probably 10 years of positive returns but then what???

ZEL got lucky with this takeover. Until the money is in the bank I'd be sweating if I were a shareholder!

Got a link for that ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'm pro BEV, but expect electrification will take close to 15 years to do much damage to fuels sales. Vehicles being bought now will still be around in 20 years.

electric vehicles cost too much for the average punter.
    one step ahead of the herd

Give it two years and total cost of ownership will be lower and possibly retail price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I'm pro BEV, but expect electrification will take close to 15 years to do much damage to fuels sales. Vehicles being bought now will still be around in 20 years.
    I agree and also note ZEL do huge volumes for the trucking (and in normal times), the aviation industry. Sunset industry but its going to be a VERY long sunset.
    I am sure Ampol have done their sums correctly and will bring a lot of synergies to bear with their supply chain efficiencies but the question is will politics, the national interest or Iwi interfere with this takeover ? Is the overseas investment office truly independent from the radical woke extreme left currently in power ? Pretty easy for them to say overseas ownership of Z (with its fairly dominant market position with the Caltex brand as well), and the refining issue, (should we really be totally reliant on overseas refiners ?), is not in the national interest. I think this scheme of arrangement is likely to succeed but its not a done deal yet, not by a long way.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Or maybe 2045 or 2055 with change of govt who doesn't care about the greens who live in their own bubble. The world still uses coal don't we with its black polluting smoke. Imagine power shares will boom by spilling a few bucket over the dams to rocket those EV's can't do without them. Petrol cars could become the 'in thing' as oil dies petrol will be dirt cheap negative cost again perhaps as lack of demand. Refueling stations will become food courts with retail shops with amenities while you wait for your charge, big business. Wonder what size EV I will need to tow my 2:5 ton boat current tow wagon with steel chassis weights 2.8 ton. Should also ban flying as they pollute heaps unless a battery pack can be attached.

Anyway if can be stretched till 2045 I won't care less .............

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Electric car makers Rivian and Lucid going gangbusters! Now bigger than Ford and GM!!

Government banning fuel car imports in 2025, then completely gone 20 years later.

By 2025 it will be cheaper to run an electric car than petrol.

Seriously, I couldn't think of anything more dead than a petrol station. Sure, there's probably 10 years of positive returns but then what???

ZEL got lucky with this takeover. Until the money is in the bank I'd be sweating if I were a shareholder!

That's all good, but what about all those old V8 classic cars? There is over a thousand of them that go to the Beach Hop at Whangamata every year. How are they going to get there with no petrol? Will they have to drop their V8 motors out and put in electric motors and have a recording of the rumbling old V8 motor under the bonnet? Ampol knows this and will raise the price as time goes on. Kiwis in the future will be complaining about the price of imported fuel to run their V8s...... How does $40 a liter sound? Are yes, Ampol know what they are doing. And all the profits going back to Aussi again. Also looking forward to 7c div. next month and reluctantly the $3.78 takeover plus 5c div or whatever next year.