sharetrader
Page 258 of 689 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 6886
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Hey , not THAT early stage. 100 million use the app. Rather a lot Id say. They are profitable and have loads of cash. Price is 2 years? A lot higher than today....if they are not taken out before then.
    Early as in;

1.) First appeared on this site in 2012
    2.) Only 'profitable' last year or so
    3.) In my portfolio less than 12 months
    4.) In TA terms the SP only began its upwards trend in late 2018

So, yes 'Early stage' IMHO. Just a baby.

My point is; 'Why sweat the day to day SP fluctuations - sit back and enjoy the ride.' The Trend is our friend.

Keeps continuing to rise...

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Early as in;

1.) First appeared on this site in 2012
    2.) Only 'profitable' last year or so
    3.) In my portfolio less than 12 months
    4.) In TA terms the SP only began its upwards trend in late 2018

So, yes 'Early stage' IMHO. Just a baby.

My point is; 'Why sweat the day to day SP fluctuations - sit back and enjoy the ride.' The Trend is our friend.
    Respectfully I'd dispute your #4, there's been a lot of $ made by trading the 'upwards trends', especially since 2014, albeit long time between drinks. Secret has been buying into the flatline bottoms and selling the exuberance on the latest announcement. True, the announcements have got better year after year, but lordy they're slow coming.

Personally I'm not that happy with McD's owning a decent share of the company, I reckon it's good for McD's locking in supplier and for PLX locking in a base revenue and a future bailout/exit possibility, but as one can see who has followed the company for a few years, there's been no new customers and the ones that PLX have mentioned a couple of years ago, there's been no sales performance results announced. Dig deeper, there's a story there, maybe a lesson or a warning. Interesting they almost 'promised' new sales, we'll have to wait and see, but PLX holders are used to waiting.

It's not a given imo that, as you might be suggesting, a long term upwards trend has finally settled into place, glth if it has. You may be right, then again, history may repeat leaving a lot of holders wondering wtf happened when it was looking so good. Look at a longer term chart, see the pattern? Has the pattern broken? Great if it has but would you want to be on the downside of the patterns that have repeated previously?

Pity that robbo24 is gone, the self anointed queen of VML/PLX traders who has been permanently banned, she would be amping about her buy in the teens and her exit in the 80's. She might be pizzed about the current SP being well above her previous sell price .62 that for years she crowed about, then again perhaps she's riding this pony all over again? Hope the kids are doing well robbo24

Good luck to her, and to all of you. In the meantime this is still a traders stock imho, and traders will be rejoicing as they pocket their profits, for some this is a 4-5 bagger already in a couple of weeks. One thing that always fascinates is trying to answer the question "as I'm piling into something going near vertical, who is it selling to me and why are they selling?"

Again no disrespect intended. Genuinely hope it works out this time for the long termers and the recent entries. Be nimble though, history of the SP (not the company, just the SP) isn't on our side.

BAA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Respectfully I'd dispute your #4, there's been a lot of $ made by trading the 'upwards trends', especially since 2014, albeit long time between drinks. Secret has been buying into the flatline bottoms and selling the exuberance on the latest announcement. True, the announcements have got better year after year, but lordy they're slow coming.

Personally I'm not that happy with McD's owning a decent share of the company, I reckon it's good for McD's locking in supplier and for PLX locking in a base revenue and a future bailout/exit possibility, but as one can see who has followed the company for a few years, there's been no new customers and the ones that PLX have mentioned a couple of years ago, there's been no sales performance results announced. Dig deeper, there's a story there, maybe a lesson or a warning. Interesting they almost 'promised' new sales, we'll have to wait and see, but PLX holders are used to waiting.

It's not a given imo that, as you might be suggesting, a long term upwards trend has finally settled into place, glth if it has. You may be right, then again, history may repeat leaving a lot of holders wondering wtf happened when it was looking so good. Look at a longer term chart, see the pattern? Has the pattern broken? Great if it has but would you want to be on the downside of the patterns that have repeated previously?

Pity that robbo24 is gone, the self anointed queen of VML/PLX traders who has been permanently banned, she would be amping about her buy in the teens and her exit in the 80's. She might be pizzed about the current SP being well above her previous sell price .62 that for years she crowed about, then again perhaps she's riding this pony all over again? Hope the kids are doing well robbo24

Good luck to her, and to all of you. In the meantime this is still a traders stock imho, and traders will be rejoicing as they pocket their profits, for some this is a 4-5 bagger already in a couple of weeks. One thing that always fascinates is trying to answer the question "as I'm piling into something going near vertical, who is it selling to me and why are they selling?"

Again no disrespect intended. Genuinely hope it works out this time for the long termers and the recent entries. Be nimble though, history of the SP (not the company, just the SP) isn't on our side.

BAA
    I agree as to the narrowness of the customer base. Companion with that is the competition in what I perceive to be an international market with many offerings. McDonalds' interest is of course a game changer but that will only take PLX so far. I see no indication that PLX has established itself as a prime player in a niche market, unlike PPH. Unfortunately, I sold out just prior to the MCD announcement (no inside contacts obviously), even though I did so with a decent profit. My reason for selling was that of competition and customer base. I keep the stock on my watch list and I hope they keep succeeding - Go NZ!

Outside thinking.

Baa Baa and SilverBack,

I greatly appreciate your thoughts and I echo them. Here's what I said back in Post #2498.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I think we all acknowledge that PLX is a risky share (what share isn't to some degree?) PLX still has a lot to prove to the market.

PLX got a great boost with the McD buy-in at around 39c and this SP represents a 'base' which the SP has now moved ahead of. IMHO the risk remains until we get a firm update which gives us a firm indication of just what the McD investment means in terms of revenue and profitability for PLX.

With any 'risky' share my recommendations are;
    - Place it on yr watch-list and receive emailed updates from the company directly into your in box
    - Then buy in only on good news from the company (conversely if you already own some, be prepared to sell-down in the case of bad news)
    - Be prepared average up or average down as the SP fluctuates and depending on your confidence on the company's longer term performance
    - Try and keep your average holding SP at (say) a 30 to 40% discount below the current SP to give you some risk protection.

Disc. My PLX parcel buy-in prices have been; .21 (v risky based solely on improving profitability, new management and favourable TA) ; then 36.5 and 41.5c (on the day the McD deal was announced) and more recently at .52c. My current average holding SP is 39c which is approx 35% below today's SP.

So like many, I'm awaiting the next PLX market update with interest!

As always DYOR and always take sole responsibility for your own decisions.
    In addition in Post #2563 I said, "I can't help thinking at current prices (.88c) the SP is getting a tab ahead of itself."

Sssooo yes I agree PLX is risky. That said, I recall the days when we were saying the same about ATM and XRO. At current SP around 80c I now have a 70% protective moat. I am not a trader, and do not intend to 'take profits' at this stage. I'm planning on sitting on this share for hopefully the long term and watching out for news about new client acquisitions, further roll out by McD and hopefully further profits. Time will tell.

Thanks again for your input. I think we need to listen to all voices on this site and I appreciate your concerns.

It appears to be a bit of a one legged stool at this stage. Compare with Syft (unlisted) with multiple blue chip clients, a history of profitability and strong growth. Disclosure I own both

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It appears to be a bit of a one legged stool at this stage. Compare with Syft (unlisted) with multiple blue chip clients, a history of profitability and strong growth. Disclosure I own both
    $12 million cash in the bank should help them grow another leg.

Membaa

Couple of SPH notices goes some way to answer who’s been feeding the sell side. Must be happy with their gains, but still holding a few million each. No worries

percy

Funny you are the only one to comment,and you are not worried with them selling a few approx $842,000 worth between them.
    A bit different from The Turners thread, where the usual suspects "Howled to The Moon" when Paul Byrnes sold 30,000 TRA shares for under $70,000 leaving him holding 3,414,860 shares.....lol.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Funny you are the only one to comment,and you are not worried with them selling a few approx $842,000 worth between them.
    A bit different from The Turners thread, where the usual suspects "Howled to The Moon" when Paul Byrnes sold 30,000 TRA shares for under $70,000 leaving him holding 3,414,860 shares.....lol.
    No worries Percy, they took some gains while the share price is way above its fair value, it has traded like this for years, all the best to them, either they're pretty savvy or well informed. This stock so far is quite predictable (albeit a bit boring given the long time between drinks) but it's better for traders than holders.

Firstly you'll see that the excited spikes in the share price give an excellent exit for long suffering holders, but the SP doesn't reduce to below the previous high, so presenting an accumulation opportunity for the savvy who sell the next spike.

Until it changes.