sharetrader
Page 234 of 697 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Well, he is sort of right. There is over 200 times more Co2 in the atmosphere than there is methane. Thats about 1.75 parts Per Million vs approx 400PPM.

Since no one has given me an answer on how many PPM in CO2 our "Carbon" laws will reduce, I dont expect any thought to be given to how many PPM any changes will make to our methane emissions.

The MP would have been better saying "NZ agriculture is not a contributor to climate change / Global warming AWG"

Dilettante

Now the Reserve Bank Governor has come out and told the Finance and Expenditure Select Committee that the bank expects Kiwibuild to crowd out the private market resulting in very few extra homes being built. They estimate that only between 7100-14200 homes will be built by 2022, that wouldn't have been built without Kiwibuild anyway. Not surprising when Kiwibuild has started buying of the plan and including Housing NZ houses.
    What an absolute farce this flagship policy has become

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Now the Reserve Bank Governor has come out and told the Finance and Expenditure Select Committee
    Kudos to the Labour MP's who managed to get out of bed in time today.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Kudos to the Labour MP's who managed to get out of bed in time today.
    Must have been hard for them ... I guess - why putting in the effort now they have the job?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...y-meeting.html

But just to keep this balanced - assuming there is no other side to this story - while the National MP's obviously did come earlier out of bed - the political games they played with the submitters feel unacceptable. No matter of the political colour, all of the in this game involved MP's behaved disgracefully and - in my view - don't belong as our representatives into parliament!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Veteran novice

I'd agree with that. A very harsh way to make a fair point - which it clearly has!

Permanent Newbie

I say freeze all companies out of setting up 5G. Keep cancer down and we can all buy shares in Chorus with their wonderful fibre optic cables.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Must have been hard for them ... I guess - why putting in the effort now they have the job?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...y-meeting.html

But just to keep this balanced - assuming there is no other side to this story - while the National MP's obviously did come earlier out of bed - the political games they played with the submitters feel unacceptable. No matter of the political colour, all of the in this game involved MP's behaved disgracefully and - in my view - don't belong as our representatives into parliament!
    I agree with you BP, can't see the problem with 8am starts, after all these people went for those jobs as MPs.

https://pundit.co.nz/content/it-is-n...he-scratching-

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Now the facts start to emerge. The yanks (and the sycophant Aussies) are full of brown bovine by-product.
    "Trade wars are easy to win".

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12204757
    I presume that the UK’s Brexit From the EU coupled with Trumps America first protectionism, and the consequent need to find alternative trade partners has nothing to do with the UK’s attitude...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I presume that the UK’s Brexit From the EU coupled with Trumps America first protectionism, and the consequent need to find alternative trade partners has nothing to do with the UK’s attitude...
    Huawei are also generous sponsors of IT students from all around the world. Our son was lucky enough to be sponsored on a trip to China a while back.

https://www.huawei.com/nz/press-events/news/nz/2018/students-to-gain-insight

They also advertise widely in NZ, so if the risk can be mitigated or unproven, Huawei would seem to be worthy of our custom.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Poll puts Labour ahead of Nats for first time in 12 years

Unfort polls are few and far between these days compared with the past so to be taken with again of salt. Need a few more to be convincing of a trend.

"So what are the numbers? Labour is on 47.5 per cent in the poll and National on 41.6 per cent. Bridges' preferred prime minister rating has sunk to 5 per cent, against Labour leader Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on 41.8. "
    Just a reminder we now have a trend ,with a 2nd poll.

More trouble for Bridges: Another poll confirms National plunge Meanwhile Jacinda Ardern's support has surged again.