sharetrader
Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Burgerfuel

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Like the name of one of their proposed new concepts

Really cool
    I know some of the folks at Burger Fuel and they are actually an enthusiastic, passionate and creative bunch.

You should visit their HQ in Auckland and have a look see - they have a most interesting work environment complete with pinball machines and 'play' areas.

To their credit, they have taken one burger store and built the brand into a multi-faceted business spanning the width and breath of NZ as well as overseas.

The deal with Franchise Brands could have been their international making but unfortunately, it has not worked out.

So sadly, I think the company is going the same way as 42 Below, Charlies and Trilogy - another NZ company to be sold to an overseas buyer.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    "...a full strategic options review of the business" or more simply, "we're still looking for a buyer."

The "transition" is adding another burger brand and a chicken takeaway ... more entrants offering no real point of difference in an already bloated market .... and an absence of any financial forward focus. Good news?

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    "...a full strategic options review of the business" or more simply, "we're still looking for a buyer."

The "transition" is adding another burger brand and a chicken takeaway ... more entrants offering no real point of difference in an already bloated market .... and an absence of any financial forward focus. Good news?

No good news for me ...

Overseas expansion to Australia = Fail
    Overseas expansion into MiddleEast = Fail
    Overseas expansion into USA = Fail
    Expansion in NZ = Saturated

BurgerFuel is simply surviving and is looking for a buyer ... any investor might get lucky if they buy in at current levels if a cashed up overseas buyer can be found.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    No good news for me ...

BurgerFuel is simply surviving and is looking for a buyer ... any investor might get lucky if they buy in at current levels if a cashed up overseas buyer can be found.
    What would they be buying, no presence at Queenstown or Wanaka, 2 of N Z biggests tourists spots !!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    No good news for me ...

I have thought this from the beginning that they need a buyer. I never invested and people I knew who had invested mentioned, "big returns for the future, you can't lose in the food game". How I love people who have never been in the food game mentioning how profitable it is.....It can be profitable if run properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I have thought this from the beginning that they need a buyer. I never invested and people I knew who had invested mentioned, "big returns for the future, you can't lose in the food game". How I love people who have never been in the food game mentioning how profitable it is.....It can be profitable if run properly.
    I know of a few investors (including Milford) who invested and rode this thing all the way to over $3.00 at one stage, over 2014 & 2015.

Some got out while a few stayed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    What would they be buying, no presence at Queenstown or Wanaka, 2 of N Z biggests tourists spots !!
    You'd have to be game to take on Fergburger at Queenstown. That's a tourist attraction in itself, just to see the length of the never-ending queue.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You'd have to be game to take on Fergburger at Queenstown. That's a tourist attraction in itself, just to see the length of the never-ending queue.
    Does not stop other burger chains (Burger King, MacDonalds etc) from operating in Queenstown?

Rents in Queenstown are astronomical and there are probably better opportunities elsewhere for a Burger Fuel!
    Last edited by Balance; 18-06-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Does not stop other burger chains (Burger King, MacDonalds etc) from operating in Queenstown?

Rents in Queenstown are astronomical and there are probably better opportunities elsewhere for a Burger Fuel!
    No it doesn't stop competition, but it sure makes it tough for them to even look successful.