sharetrader
Page 180 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 801301701761771781791801811821831841902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 17360

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I prefer to watch FPF and UBC as indicators, rather than the banks to get a fix where Heartland is going.
    What indicators are you looking for from the University of British Columbia, percy? Surely you are not expecting Heartland to expand its operations to Canada any time soon? Does UBC have a finance company, or some other business, relevant to Heartland?

percy

Very good question.May have to go back to the tea leaves.!!!
    Would uDc fit the bill.!! lol.
    ps. The tea leaves are still giving a very strong buy signals.!

Changes to Heartland New Zealand Limited and Heartland Bank Limited Board

24 July 2013

Heartland New Zealand Limited (“HNZ”) (NZX: HNZ) announces a number of proposed changes to the Boards of HNZ and its subsidiary Heartland Bank Limited (“Heartland Bank”). The objectives of the proposed changes are to:

• comply with standard Reserve Bank guidelines by increasing the number of independent directors on the Heartland Bank Board (while maintaining adequate cross-representation on these Boards); and
    • extend the depth of banking experience of the Heartland Bank Board.

The proposed changes are as follows:

1. A new independent director, Nicola Greer, will be appointed to the Board of Heartland Bank. This appointment is expected to be completed on 26 July 2013.

Ms Greer has extensive experience in the banking and finance sector, both in New Zealand and overseas. Her career to date includes senior positions at ANZ Bank (New Zealand and Australia), Citibank and Goldman Sachs International where she worked in the financial markets and asset and liability management. Ms Greer holds a Master of Commerce with First Class Honours in Management Science (Operations Research).
    2. Following the release of financial results for the year ended 30 June 2013 (currently anticipated for the last week of August 2013):
      • The current Chairman of HNZ, Bruce Irvine, will resign from the HNZ Board. Geoffrey Ricketts will succeed Bruce Irvine as the Chairman of HNZ and also continue as a director of Heartland Bank Limited. Mr Irvine will continue as Chairman of the Board of Heartland Bank.
      • Christopher Mace and Gary Leech will each continue as directors of HNZ and resign from the Board of Heartland Bank.

The appointment of Nicola Greer, together with the recent appointment of Richard Wilks, will strengthen the banking expertise of the Heartland Bank Board. Richard Wilks was appointed to the Heartland Bank Board in February 2013 and previously held senior leadership roles with ANZ National Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Citibank.

Set out in the attached Appendix is a full list of the members of each Board once all changes take effect.

Good to see a (another?) female on the board ....punters love to see a bit diversity on boards these day

Nicola could get the (old) guys to look at things from a different perspective eh

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good to see a (another?) female on the board ....punters love to see a bit diversity on boards these day

Nicola could get the (old) guys to look at things from a different perspective eh
    The companies I have/ had shares in who have a woman director or chair have been good performers.Alison Paterson's record at ABA was outstanding.Sarah Ottrey at EBO and SCY is excellent.
    It is just the ex politicans either male/female or otherwise we must be careful to avoid.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by False Profit View Post
    comply with standard Reserve Bank guidelines by increasing the number of independent directors on the Heartland Bank Board (while maintaining adequate cross-representation on these Boards); and extend the depth of banking experience of the Heartland Bank Board.

<snip>
    A new independent director, Nicola Greer, will be appointed to the Board of Heartland Bank. This appointment is expected to be completed on 26 July 2013.

Ms Greer has extensive experience in the banking and finance sector, both in New Zealand and overseas. Her career to date includes senior positions at ANZ Bank (New Zealand and Australia), Citibank and Goldman Sachs International where she worked in the financial markets and asset and liability management. Ms Greer holds a Master of Commerce with First Class Honours in Management Science (Operations Research).
    I must say there are many HNZ shareholders here who are very trusting and loyal. Sort of like 'company's best friends'. I'll bet if I peered in the side window at this years AGM there you would all be, sitting in the front row, little tails wagging in anticipation of your complimentary lapdog biscuit at the end of the meeting.

A full banking licence is announced, but hey one of the fine print lines says HNZ need twice as much capital on the books to take the same risks as other banks. And oh yes the board of the bank hasn't been strong enough but a few more people with industry experience should satisfy the reserve bank requirements when they finally take their seats. Let's just hope those on the bank board in the meantime haven't made a hash of things....

I wonder when this learner licence period for HNZ will end?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 26-07-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

....... bet if I peered in the side window at this years AGM there you would all be, sitting in the front row, little tails wagging in anticipation of your complimentary lapdog biscuit at the end of the meeting.]
    I try to get somebody to do a cartoon of this amazing picture you paint snoops

What would you suggest as a caption

percy

Again may I remind Snoopy of my offer to take him to this year's agm.[In the hope he may learn.,and be able to post a factual comment about HNZ]
    All of us who attended last years agm have certainly profited by taking advantage of what we learnt.Good information ,is the key to successful share investing.
    Winner69.May I extend my offer of free transport to Ashburton and back to you also.Have not heard when the agm is yet.
    Last edited by percy; 26-07-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I must say there are many HNZ shareholders here who are very trusting and loyal. Sort of like 'company's best friends'. I'll bet if I peered in the side window at this years AGM there you would all be, sitting in the front row, little tails wagging in anticipation of your complimentary lapdog biscuit at the end of the meeting.

A full banking licence is announced, but hey one of the fine print lines says HNZ need twice as much capital on the books to take the same risks as other banks. And oh yes the board of the bank hasn't been strong enough but a few more people with industry experience should satisfy the reserve bank requirements when they finally take their seats. Let's just hope those on the bank board in the meantime haven't made a hash of things....

I wonder when this learner licence period for HNZ will end?

SNOOPY
    Good comment, Snoopy. Shareholders have to keep their noses to the ground to detect the right scents. The point about Heartland having to have twice as much capital as other banks is possibly due to the lending we do. Not bricks and mortar, or even weatherboards, but machinery. Cars. Cows. Which may now be lower risk loans than earthquake property on the Southern Fault Line. We have seen in Christchurch how lack of insurance can Can the value of property. That Can experience could be spreading to Wellington.
    I prefer a couple of Hot Sausage Rolls after the AGM.
    Last edited by mouse; 26-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.

For someone who calls himself Snoopy, you should be careful who you call puppies. We might call you Daddy. What a bitch.