sharetrader
Page 181 of 1731 FirstFirst ... 811311711771781791801811821831841851912312816811181 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 17301

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    For someone who calls himself Snoopy, you should be careful who you call puppies. We might call you Daddy. What a bitch.
    Touche.........................haha love it!

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    For someone who calls himself Snoopy, you should be careful who you call puppies. We might call you Daddy. What a bitch.
    Zigzag , looks like you've upset the BOF society dude, you'll be persona non grata if your not careful.
    Cheers kiwigold

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    Zigzag , looks like you've upset the BOF society dude, you'll be persona non grata if your not careful.
    Cheers kiwigold
    Nothing like a bit of irreverence. Doubt anyone will be upset. Anyway, Snoopy is only a Beagle, and ZigZag is not my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I must say there are many HNZ shareholders here who are very trusting and loyal. Sort of like 'company's best friends'. I'll bet if I peered in the side window at this years AGM there you would all be, sitting in the front row, little tails wagging in anticipation of your complimentary lapdog biscuit at the end of the meeting.

A full banking licence is announced, but hey one of the fine print lines says HNZ need twice as much capital on the books to take the same risks as other banks. And oh yes the board of the bank hasn't been strong enough but a few more people with industry experience should satisfy the reserve bank requirements when they finally take their seats. Let's just hope those on the bank board in the meantime haven't made a hash of things....

I wonder when this learner licence period for HNZ will end?

SNOOPY
    Great post Snoopy! And I would be there if I could.

Suggestions please on how the Fonterra saga will play out.
    My view is a reduction next year in the payout to farmers, following on from this year of drought.
    Which will result in farmers needing a bit of finance.

Better word the letter very well else the small shareholders might get the impression they are not wanted

There's an awful man who wants to steak your shares but we know you don't really want to sell them but anyway let us buy them anyway a a fair ( but hugely discounted) price because we are good guys. Wil they wonder if they are being conned again? What's the trap?

Might be a proactive exercise but just doesn't seem to send the right message to shareholders.
    Last edited by winner69; 12-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Good god ....documents hardly plain English are they?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Better word the letter very well else the small shareholders might get the impression they are not wanted

There's an awful man who wants to steak your shares but we know you don't really want to sell them but anyway let us buy them anyway a a fair ( but hugely discounted) price because we are good guys. Wil they wonder if they are being conned again? What's the trap?

Might be a proactive exercise but just doesn't seem to send the right message to shareholders.
    I think the letter is worded rather well, and no they are not buying them at a hugely discounted price.

The price per Share which you will receive for your Shares will be determined by dividing the total proceeds of the Shares sold under the Plan on the day on which your Shares are sold by the total number of Shares sold under the Plan on that day.
    HNZ are not buying the shares. Rather they are pooling them and placing them on the market so the shareholder avoids brokerage fees.

Yeah I got that bit but after being bombarded with unsolicited offers to steal your shares here is another unsolicited offer to take the shares off your hands ...at market price.

The hugely undervalued comment was winding Percy up.

So mrs jones thinks she needs to accept this unsolicited offer because it has come from the company and is heaps mor official looking and gets hnz to broker the sale of them. In a few months time they go to 1 dollar ....mrs jones will not be happy will she ...when selling wasn't even on her mind.

Guru

Very Noble but the maximum of 10,000 seems a bit high. Brokerage costs are reasonably efficient at that level.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk