sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Beagle I never found what you said was inappropriate or sinister. Each person has their own opinion. I think apologies are not necessary

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Beagle I never found what you said was inappropriate or sinister. Each person has their own opinion. I think apologies are not necessary
    As the saying goes, It's the putting right that counts. Beagle has taken this action according to his own conscience and to put out an olive branch to those he offended, that's a big balls effort right there.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As the saying goes, It's the putting right that counts. Beagle has taken this action according to his own conscience and to put out an olive branch to those he offended, that's a big balls effort right there.
    If I offend one person I will surely apologise. In saying that, this is a forum where everyone will have a similar point of view, or a different point of view. We don't want to get personal and I hope I have not offended anyone personally.

At the end of the day if we all get wealthy and get along. I think beagle is very much necessary in this forum as much as you, Percy, bull, and snoopy and winner just to name a few.

Roger-I have no issues with your posts. I am full of admiration for the research that you do regarding different companies on the NZX. I am grateful for your willingness to share that research on this forum for the benefit of all sharetraders and investors. At times you can be forceful but -Hey- it is your opinion and most posters are surely aware of that.
    It amazes me at times how sensitive some posters are and how they can react indignantly which is probably a mild word to use.
    The poster I most admire on this forum is ElZorro who comments mainly in the Political threads. I disagree with most of what he writes but respect and am in awe of the always polite and very reasoned way that he states his case, in particular when he is responding to other posters' often vitriolic posts.
    Keep up the good work Beagle. You are truly a great asset to this forum.
    Last edited by Brovendell; 17-06-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Wow, maybe we can make this thread about HBL again?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    HBL is currently closed for business, please call us Monday to Friday during normal business hours.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    We all have made mistakes.
    A very brave apology.
    I second that. Brave and honest Mr Beagle. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Good idea, even though I hate cricket...

Thanks guys, you're far too kind.

Let's get back to HBL.

http://www.4-traders.com/HEARTLAND-B...18/financials/

I haven't looked for a while so was pleasantly surprised to see average analyst projections are forecasting some pretty impressive growth for FY19 from an estimated 12.1 cps this year about to be concluded shortly to 13.6 cps in 2019. WOW, that's 12.4% EPS growth and if achieved would be a huge year of growth for HBL !
    At $1.75 that puts them on a forward PE of (175 / 13.6) of just 12.8 for a company growing nicely. Forecast growth for FY20 is 14.4 / 13.6 = 5.9% Average expected growth over the next two years is 9% which is north of what I was thinking the other day when I posted I think its fair value at $1.77.

Looks pretty good value to me in an otherwise (with a few notable exceptions) fully priced market.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks guys, you're far too kind.

Let's get back to HBL.

http://www.4-traders.com/HEARTLAND-B...18/financials/

I haven't looked for a while so was pleasantly surprised to see average analyst projections are forecasting some pretty impressive growth for FY19 from an estimated 12.1 cps this year about to be concluded shortly to 13.6 cps in 2019. WOW, that's 12.4% EPS growth and if achieved would be a huge year of growth for HBL !
    At $1.75 that puts them on a forward PE of (175 / 13.6) of just 12.8 for a company growing nicely. Forecast growth for FY20 is 14.4 / 13.6 = 5.9% Average expected growth over the next two years is 9% which is north of what I was thinking the other day when I posted I think its fair value at $1.77.

Looks pretty good value to me in an otherwise (with a few notable exceptions) fully priced market.
    Something not quite right?

Reported (HBL Accounts) EPS F17 was 12. cents (NZX says 12.1 cents) and yet consensus F18 forecast is also 12.1 cents ....no growth in EPS

Just as well we look forward eh ...even if the future numbers are based on assumptions that are just big guesses or however you described it the other day.
    Last edited by winner69; 18-06-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”