sharetrader

Hybrid View

I'd recommend taking a look at The Intelligent Investor, by Bejamin Graham.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor

Oddly enough, I did my initial reading in the FA field, and am now starting to read about TA.

Quote Originally Posted by darksentinel View Post
    I'd recommend taking a look at The Intelligent Investor, by Bejamin Graham.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor

Oddly enough, I did my initial reading in the FA field, and am now starting to read about TA.
    wbosher

I strongly urge you to buy this book & read it over & over, it's a must have book for all investors.

Yes, we wont enjoy the same economic conditions that Warren Buffett did, but the concepts are timeless IMO.

You will hear "Intrinsic value" mentioned all the time, to try & simplify it for you, the broker reports you see use a company's fundamentals to work out a target price (well in excess of the actual share price usually), & you will hear companies mgmt use terms like that they want to "unlock value" or "enhance shareholder value".

This is the very method i try to use to invest in stocks, my recent ASX:WLF thread is another example of this.

WB's philisophy was to buy $1's worth of stocks for $0.50, so basically stocks deeply discounted.

If you want to re-read the ASX:SRL thread, i was updating the "discount to fair value" frequently for a period, eventually the market caught up & the discount reduced.

Another book all relative new comers should have is "The Agressive Investor" by Colin Nicholson, this uses both TA & FA, & therefore is another must have book.

The ~$100 those two books will costs you, will be your best investment you ever make.