sharetrader
Page 54 of 697 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Is Phil’s housing fix starting to unravel as those he trying to help what be able to afford the $600,000 houses

Phil needs to learn that to solve his (perceived) problem the state needs to become the ‘landlord’ and provide ‘affordable rentals’

Go for it Phil
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is Phil’s housing fix starting to unravel as those he trying to help what be able to afford the $600,000 houses

Phil needs to learn that to solve his (perceived) problem the state needs to become the ‘landlord’ and provide ‘affordable rentals’

Go for it Phil
    I'm still staggered that $600,000 and $140,000 family income is the new standard for an affordable first house. I would have thought a target should be closer to $300,000 and $65,000 in income.

Time for Govt to incentivise old folks to move from their house into a SUM or RYM village

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm still staggered that $600,000 and $140,000 family income is the new standard for an affordable first house. I would have thought a target should be closer to $300,000 and $65,000 in income.

Time for Govt to incentivise old folks to move from their house into a SUM or RYM village
    Or mix some birth control substance in with the flouride in the water. When I bought my first house the world population was under 4 billion. It's now over 7 billion. Sorta plays havoc with land values in cities.

Legend

Fascinating day tomorrow, when National decides on a new leader (and probably co-leader).

No-one seems certain of the result.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...eadership-race

If Collins, the party favourite, is judged to be too polarising, that suggests Bridges or Adams, and Bridges with the kiwi vernacular and Paula Bennett as a possible deputy, well that's a pretty average offering. No rush, they'll be out in the cold for a while anyway

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Fascinating day tomorrow, when National decides on a new leader (and probably co-leader).

If Collins, the party favourite, is judged to be too polarising, that suggests Bridges or Adams, and Bridges with the kiwi vernacular and Paula Bennett as a possible deputy, well that's a pretty average offering. No rush, they'll be out in the cold for a while anyway
    You seem very hung up on Collins EZ. When you say ¨party´s favourite", do you mean the Labour Party ? Can´t be National as you also say noone seems certain of the result so nobody can really be the favourite. Whil I would not support Collins for National Party leadership, she may well have the potential to tear the strips off the PM in debates so you should be concerned if she becomes leader. Fortunately, there are no Union or other groups that decide this vote. The MPs choose their leader as it should be.

Legend

Adams and Mitchell would be good and popular with voters.

Veteran novice

No, it won't be a case of co-leaders, eZ. Another party, does this - doesn't seem to work too well!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    No, it won't be a case of co-leaders, eZ. Another party, does this - doesn't seem to work too well!

My mistake, I meant deputy leader. Some on here are happy to point out that the MPs choose their own leader in the National Party. Not super democratic is it? Especially when their early voting intentions could partly be driven by what they are likely to be offered in the new lineup. Who would know? The electorate LECs and party faithful can lobby all they want, they actually have no say.

Looks like Simon Bridges nearly has the numbers already.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ect-new-leader

A bit of comedy with Simon Bridges.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-ple...ectid=11905515
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-02-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Veteran novice

Some on here are happy to point out that the MPs choose their own leader in the National Party. Not super democratic is it?
    Really? The leader is there to lead the party, as represented by it's MP's. Doesn't work to have a leader that the MP's don't have confidence in - as demonstrated by the Labour party last year!

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    LOL - love it! The faster the lefties screw the economy the faster they will go. Just imagine the impact on retirement funds and similar - Labour is killing it!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)