sharetrader
Page 19 of 277 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Banned

Thoughts on where this is heading this year? Thinking of ditching my holding and buying more growth stock elsewhere,industry looks tight to me but if $4.50 target gets hit could be worth holding?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Watch crude prices closely as the US shale boom starts, could be a big drop in world prices which would squeeze already tight margins.

I do like the way they communicate though. Always having Q&A time on Facebook and seem to have Kiwi's heart attached to the company by championing NZ Super Fund. Don't you want to support your retirement couta?

Also remember about diversification. I'd suggest waiting for a price correction in the growth sector before buying WYN, PEB or SLI (buy low, sell high, not the other way around!). if you sell ZEL maybe consider more SUM instead to keep the risk in yhe same category (ie low)?
    Cheers Moosie,Yep was thinking of some more Sum or buying back some Rym,lm not relying on divvies to survive so looking to maximize return long term and growth stocks are in, there's also that Serko listing coming up that looks appealing,I've got enough dead money tied up in Dil so just looking to tweak things to get max benifit

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Thoughts on where this is heading this year? Thinking of ditching my holding and buying more growth stock elsewhere,industry looks tight to me but if $4.50 target gets hit could be worth holding?
    its not a growth stock so if you are holding for that purpose - sell. It is a good defensive stock which pays a good dividend.

Disc: I hold this rather than have a diversified portfolio that incl bonds.

Banned

I've always considered it a slightly volatile stock due to the nature of the main products it sells rather than defensive?

Guru

I've always considered it a slightly volatile stock due to the nature of the main products it sells rather than defensive?
    As a long term hold, slightly volatile is irrelevant. Much like my power shares, which have seen a destruction of wealth over the past 12m, people will still need electricity/petrol so those dividends will continue to flow.

In hindsight, I should have put more money into WYN,PEB,etc which are in the growth part of my portfolio but the plan is to be balanced.

Banned

Does anyone know the approximate dividend yield on these if purchased at $3.80, they have only paid 7 odd cents to date so 2% at the moment? Cheers

IMO

My broker has them at 8.1% Gross yield forecast @$3.73for this year and 8.7% for next. I bought for the longterm too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    My broker has them at 8.1% Gross yield forecast @$3.73for this year and 8.7% for next. I bought for the longterm too.
    Cheers,the cents per share payable at next divvy must be going to increase significantly then to get to 8% level

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cheers,the cents per share payable at next divvy must be going to increase significantly then to get to 8% level
    My quick maths based on JT comment suggests that would require a 16c fully imputed final dividend.

And from the prospectus:

The first dividend to Shareholders is forecast to be
    $31 million declared in respect of profits earned in
    the six-month period to 30 September 2013 and
    will be payable in November or December 2013.
    This dividend represents approximately 35%
    of the total forecast year dividend, with the
    remaining $57 million expected to be paid in
    May or June 2014.

IMO

Duplicate .Harvey beat me to it
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-01-2014 at 11:51 AM.