sharetrader
Page 190 of 217 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2166

plain and simple your not going to get a return as a shareholder for many years what ever they choose to do.
    one step ahead of the herd

Any companies in particular to look into Rob? Thinking about putting some $$ into energy but stuck as to where to research first....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Any companies in particular to look into Rob? Thinking about putting some $$ into energy but stuck as to where to research first....

The safest way to play it is to buy one of the Oil/Gas ETF's, either FENY, XLE or VDE. They both hold over 100 companies but weighted to the majors. You need a 3-5 year time horizon and to be able to thrive on volatility. They currently have yields of 6/8%.

I am personally investing in ExxonMobil the creme de la creme. You can buy it now at the March lows, yielding over 10%. This is just truly unbelievable. This is the blue chip of blue chips, recently the biggest company in America. You can get their dividend history since 1922 from their website. They have raised the dividend every year for 25 years. Counter cyclic capital allocators. Some good interviews with the CEO recently on CNBC (or you-tube).

I'd take a bet with any NZ fund manager that XOM would destroy their performance over the next decade. As well as the NZ50 and SP500...

For Midstream EPD is the best of the best, currently yielding over 11% and extremely safe.

Closer to home this is well worth a watch. https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...-never-will-be.

For a bit more risk and potentially much more reward, Occidental Petroleum. Lots to unpack here but a massive opportunity alongside Buffett and Icahn. Icahn is currently buying the very warrants he created, on the open market in massive volumes.

For Coal, ARLP, or David Einhorns CCR.

My advice - unless you really know what you're talking about, keep it simple and you cant go wrong.

Happy to help with more information.

R

Thanks Rob. Awesome start for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The safest way to play it is to buy one of the Oil/Gas ETF's, either FENY, XLE or VDE. They both hold over 100 companies but weighted to the majors. You need a 3-5 year time horizon and to be able to thrive on volatility. They currently have yields of 6/8%.

I am personally investing in ExxonMobil the creme de la creme. You can buy it now at the March lows, yielding over 10%. This is just truly unbelievable. This is the blue chip of blue chips, recently the biggest company in America. You can get their dividend history since 1922 from their website. They have raised the dividend every year for 25 years. Counter cyclic capital allocators. Some good interviews with the CEO recently on CNBC (or you-tube).

I'd take a bet with any NZ fund manager that XOM would destroy their performance over the next decade. As well as the NZ50 and SP500...

For Midstream EPD is the best of the best, currently yielding over 11% and extremely safe.

Closer to home this is well worth a watch. https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...-never-will-be.

For a bit more risk and potentially much more reward, Occidental Petroleum. Lots to unpack here but a massive opportunity alongside Buffett and Icahn. Icahn is currently buying the very warrants he created, on the open market in massive volumes.

For Coal, ARLP, or David Einhorns CCR.

My advice - unless you really know what you're talking about, keep it simple and you cant go wrong.

Happy to help with more information.

R
    Hi @sailorrob what is your take on SHLX https://www.shellmidstreampartners.com Looks like another beaten down mid-stream operator. Huge yield.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    Hi @sailorrob what is your take on SHLX https://www.shellmidstreampartners.com Looks like another beaten down mid-stream operator. Huge yield.
    Sorry Traderx only just saw your question, SHLX is a good company too and has the connection with Shell of course. I owned it and sold to concentrate into EPD which is a higher quality company and hence has a lower yield. I'm not familiar enough with SHLX to really say too much more however can send you some articles if you wish, my contact details are further up in this thread.

They could have to reduce that dividend but I very much doubt EPD will.

Also be aware of the tax rate on these MPL dividends, it will be withheld at 37% rather than the 15% with normal non MLP dividends.

Banned

Waikaka you liked the NZR price when it was double and triple what it is now, so you must be absolutely loving it now!

Bargain!

Waikaka you liked the NZR price when it was double and triple what it is now, so you must be absolutely loving it now!

Bargain!
    bargain lol they havnt even started to write down there assets yet , make the discount to NTA not so much of a discount even at these prices
    one step ahead of the herd

Still think it's ridiculous. Refinery can't make a profit because it's cheaper overseas. But is there anyway of getting it here? No, at least not in the required quantities. Were it not for onerous agreements refinery is ideally placed to make such huge profits that it would be regulated. If it was regulated at least there would be a return.
    Before anyone says it I will save them the bother - I don't know what I'm talking about.

Bargain!
    NZR has been pretty disappointing but over the years I have found that staying the course, long term things should settle down. I just about always get the timing wrong with these things so always have cash to top up as they drop. Lot easier doing this now that low brokerage offering are out there.

Started buying small amounts of NZR in Oct 2019 (no talk of Covid then!) and have only bought since then. 2nd worse stock in my diversified portfolio of junk behind Transocean.

Sharesight tells me I am 56% down on NZR and snip of purchases below shows how dedicated I am to gutter stocks
    Capture.JPG

Off topic but my other stocks have done well and overall not unhappy.

I didn't start it and again off topic but Ill be honest I pivoted post covid to buying a decent amount of:
    SLB: NYSE
    XOM: NYSE
    CVX: NYSE
    STO:ASX
    WPL:ASX
    KEX: NYSE

Astonishing SLB can still pay quarterly dividends at a time like this. Remarkable company and good to work with.

Plenty of fish in the sea so happy to come back and check on NZR in a few years.
    Last edited by Waikaka; 22-10-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Clarity