sharetrader
Page 584 of 733 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 7330
    Advanced Member

Nothing new in the prepared presentation/remarks, but the Q&A section was loaded with good questions and some decent answers.

Jeez, global trends better not come here

Black Friday shopping in stores drops 28% from pre-pandemic levels as shoppers spread spending throughout the season
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/27/blac...ic-levels.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

[B] Black Friday shopping in stores drops 28% from pre-pandemic levels as shoppers spread spending throughout the season
    I'm one of those. One retailer (not WHS) had an item for sale before Black Friday deals at $499.00. Black Friday starts - 10% off store-wide. Same item now $569.00. Take off the 10% and the 'special' BF price is $512.10.
    Some good prices to be had, but as with everything, DYOR...........

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Black Friday shopping in stores drops 28% from pre-pandemic levels as shoppers spread spending throughout the season
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/27/blac...ic-levels.html
    Not sure you read that article right - it’s saying sales are up 47.5% from same time last year. I think most retailers would love that to happen here (that’s for all sales online & in store combined).

Default Tes

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Not sure you read that article right - it’s saying sales are up 47.5% from same time last year. I think most retailers would love that to happen here (that’s for all sales online & in store combined).

Winner in the WHS thread (regarding a store that sells a large number of perishable, disposable and replaceable items) "Big sales don't mean anything. You can only sell someone something once."

Winner in the MHJ thread (regarding a store that sells $10,000 diamond rings) "RETAIL IS KING!" "LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!"

I guess that, "you can only sell someone something once" thing only applies when it's in regard to a share you're not invested in.
    Last edited by cymonger; 29-11-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    Winner in the WHS thread (regarding a store that sells a large number of perishable, disposable and replaceable items) "Big sales don't mean anything. You can only sell someone something once."

Winner in the MHJ thread (regarding a store that sells $10,000 diamond rings) "RETAIL IS KING!" "LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!"

I guess that, "you can only sell someone something once" thing only applies when it's in regard to a share you're not invested in.
    If you trying to rubbish me try harder - I didn't say those things
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

There is a possibility the “opening up” of borders is going to take longer than anticipated, given the continued new variants causing uncertainty. Consequently in that scenario, the lack of international travel may be around longer than many think, obviously would be good news for retail spending as the discretionary income continues to get diverted there.

Yes LEK this new variant may put the European holiday on hold for another year.

Noel lemming will suck up those travel dollars and sell more big ticket items

Guru

YES.. not expecting to return to Europe now until 2023. However there is a silver lining as Euro stocks will be ready for another slamming if it spreads.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/27/smal...d-forever.html

Investing in bullet proof vest manufactures might be next.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-11-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Guru

Warehouse Mollywood confirmed to close after their "consultation" period.

The Warehouse to close in Mosgiel | Otago Daily Times Online News (odt.co.nz)