sharetrader
Page 809 of 871 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    The problem with US listed gold exposure is the FX risk. I can’t be bothered dealing / compensating for it
    It is easy enough to buy an OZ gold producer. Not too much of an FX difference. There are a number of OZ producers on an upward trajectory in a mining friendly environment.

IMO

Yep way to go. With costs in $A and gold payments in $US its a huge boost in values.

Thanks both, jbmurc mentioned PMGOLD.asx above. Thoughts on that?

I am only interested in pure price exposure really, not miners drilling or producing.

Despite that though, if OSH was a good barometer for oil, what would the equiv gold company be? Just checked NCM and the chart looks weird (haven't held or checked it for over 5 years).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Thanks both, jbmurc mentioned PMGOLD.asx above. Thoughts on that?

I am only interested in pure price exposure really, not miners drilling or producing.

Despite that though, if OSH was a good barometer for oil, what would the equiv gold company be? Just checked NCM and the chart looks weird (haven't held or checked it for over 5 years).

Cheers
    Pure price exposure is a reflection of the drilling and/or producing which is or is not taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Pure price exposure is a reflection of the drilling and/or producing which is or is not taking place.
    Cool, happy to hear what you hold/are looking at too

Gor, Evn, Sar, all on theASX have put me in number 2 in the ASX competition. You could start by looking at those. But do not rely on my advice. My daughter lost confidence in my ability when I gave her a bunch of penny stocks which are still worth a penny after a few years.😂

POG has been hovering around the US$ 1700 mark for the last month or so has moved up to US$ 1716 today. Is it a breakout?

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    POG has been hovering around the US$ 1700 mark for the last month or so has moved up to US$ 1716 today. Is it a breakout?
    Yes and $2000oz USD will be in the sights this year IMHO and I don't think it will rebound much before breaking 2K and staying above this level like it did when it broke the 1k level a decade ago ... FOMO will drive the Large-cap Gold sector shares to silly P/E levels of the past 50 etc

Holding tight my micro-jnr cap Gold stocks ... been along wait but think it will pay off much like buying into RMS at 5c many years ago (RMS 1.30+ at present)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

USD GOLD continues to break new highs breaking recent resistance levels 1762oz
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

After four up days which took the SP from 1702 to 1762 it looked ripe for profit taking.