sharetrader
Page 347 of 899 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 8983

Get same level of share in AU than in NZ and sales would be nearly $700m

Hope the expensive new distribution centre being built is big enough to cope with that in a few years time.

Heck what will divie be when that happens? More than a $
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

You guys are incorrigible but keep it up. Lol

Huge opportunity to grow, for sure. I don't try and pretend to understand women (something my wife will readily attest too lol), but once they get comfortable with a brand and think its cool they start talking to their friends and...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You guys are incorrigible but keep it up. Lol

Future is AU - NZ maxed out with little in way of growth prospects ...and as BP would say some downsides

Strategy probably keep NZ steady and then keep boosting earnings from AU

New stores in high traffic locations, refurg and upgrade stores to new concept along with that great consumer offer will see to that ...and not lets forget the online stuff as well

Bloody wey afternoon wasn't it couts
    Last edited by winner69; 05-10-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Banned

Sure was wet winner, no doubt a few leaky roofs around the place. Hey Beagle I'm hearing you, I've given up trying to understand why my wife needs handbag number 20 or more than two wardrobes full of clothes, its unfathomable stuff. PS-Keep reminding her to buy some clothes from Glassons.

Advanced Member

Noticed in Country Road the other day they have dual label for A$ and NZ$ pricing its quite cynical as the variations are quite different, sometimes the conversion rate was about 13% when the exchange rate has been about 7% difference, most shoppers would hardly notice but I did! Don't think Hallensteins use this cunning ploy.

With two different concepts (brands) and an online business and operating over two countries HLG sure have successfully morphed into a helix organisation - striking a great balance between centralization and decentralization, reducing complexity, and embracing agility.

Wouldn’t think many companies that have been around for over a century could do this.
    Last edited by winner69; 06-10-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Veteran novice

All we need now is for HLG to capture 1% of the Chinese market!!!

Personally, I'm happy to have HLG as a pillar of the income section of my portfolio, growing steadily but not getting too carried away in the tough Aussie market where many other NZ companies have come to grief.

15% online sales very comfortably eclipses guru retailer Rod Duke with Briscoes and also beats KMD and Warehouse quite comfortably so HLG are doing really well.
    Interestingly we talked yesterday about how Glassons Aust sales overall are up 117% since 2016.

Online group sales in 2016 represented just 7% of total sales back then but now at 15% are up 114% since then.
    I don't know the split in terms of online NZ v AU but assuming its roughly in line with the relative sales from each country what we can possibly deduce is that in the last 3 years online sales as a proportion of total sales in Aust have more than doubled and sales themselves overall have more than doubled so it follows that in dollar terms online Australian sales have probably more than quadrupled in the last 3 years. No wonder they have to build a fancy new distribution centre. Hope its nice and big to handle another quadrupling of online sales in the next 3 years or so.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine