sharetrader
Page 184 of 277 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Those cheap shares of $2.80 odd at the SPP not looking too cheap these days.

Also feel sorry for many who were seduced by the awesome divies a year or so ago ...never get their capital now

Long way down from nearly 9 bucks ....wonder when the down trend will stop ...maybe 2 bucks? ....maybe never?
    thats like 1/5000%, never knew % went that low

Yep I was seduced. Didn't pay 9 fortunately but well in the red all the same. Judging by the traffic on the roads in Auckland we are back to pre covid levels except for the south western heading to the airport which is probably only 1/3 of what it was. So jet fuel and a small issue with a refinery are being a drag

Quote Originally Posted by Teatree View Post
    Yep I was seduced. Didn't pay 9 fortunately but well in the red all the same. Judging by the traffic on the roads in Auckland we are back to pre covid levels except for the south western heading to the airport which is probably only 1/3 of what it was. So jet fuel and a small issue with a refinery are being a drag
    its not just that
    it is margins
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its not just that
    it is margins
    ......and competition
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Competition for sure 7 stations on a 5km stretch close to my work. Two are z and they typically have the highest prices

Why is it that they persist on having higher prices than every other gas station in the same area?

Will we see a recovery short/medium term or will borders need to be fully open to see any sort of rise in the future?

Surely less margins and more volume would hurt them a lot less. I really like the way BP has gone with their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Those cheap shares of $2.80 odd at the SPP not looking too cheap these days.

Also feel sorry for many who were seduced by the awesome divies a year or so ago ...never get their capital now

Long way down from nearly 9 bucks ....wonder when the down trend will stop ...maybe 2 bucks? ....maybe never?
    Deep systemic issues here. Huge debt, grossly inefficient company, minnows constantly gnawing away at market share, lots of old sites that have a far less attractive food and coffee offer than BP, Marsden point refinery ostensibly a white elephant and last but certainly not least an ineffective CEO who's reactive rather than proactive.

Z had the opportunity to lead the charge and roll out widespread EV charging points across its network to leverage its shop sales, (what are you to do while waiting for your EV to charge but eat and drink ?) but I am hearing they have effectively lost any chance of first mover advantage.

Hard to see how they turn this thing around from what appears to be a journey to nowhere.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-09-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    Why is it that they persist on having higher prices than every other gas station in the same area?

Will we see a recovery short/medium term or will borders need to be fully open to see any sort of rise in the future?

Surely less margins and more volume would hurt them a lot less. I really like the way BP has gone with their coffee.
    They persist with the ‘full service’ model, that staff who come out fill your car check your oil pump your tyres. That’s overhead costs. The low margin no people suppliers have proven that there’s a better way to make money in this market. It doesn’t involve overheads.

Quaint but it’s outdated, it’s Past its used by date. Z need to recalibrate to the present, low fuel prices mean low overhead, to be competitive.

I don’t think they get that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    They persist with the ‘full service’ model, that staff who come out fill your car check your oil pump your tyres. That’s overhead costs. The low margin no people suppliers have proven that there’s a better way to make money in this market. It doesn’t involve overheads.

Quaint but it’s outdated, it’s Past its used by date. Z need to recalibrate to the present, low fuel prices mean low overhead, to be competitive.

I don’t think they get that yet.
    https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star...vices-cut-back

They are slowly getting it.. but as beagle said. Reactive rather than proactive. Could have come a lot sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Deep systemic issues here. Huge debt, grossly inefficient company, minnows constantly gnawing away at market share, lots of old sites that have a far less attractive food and coffee offer than BP, Marsden point refinery ostensibly a white elephant and last but certainly not least an ineffective CEO who's reactive rather than proactive.

Z had the opportunity to lead the charge and roll out widespread EV charging points across its network to leverage its shop sales, (what are you to do while waiting for your EV to charge but eat and drink ?) but I am hearing they have effectively lost any chance of first mover advantage.

Hard to see how they turn this thing around from what appears to be a journey to nowhere.
    This is slightly offtopic but I tried using the Sharetank feature of the Z App the other day and tried to invite a friend to share my fuel. She entered my unique Sharetank code correctly but the app claims it's invalid. Submitted screenshots from my phone and hers to Z's Sharetank app support and so far all I've got is a bemused "you look like you are doing everything right, it should work."

Did some more digging on Google Play and looked at some of the Z App reviews - looks like the app is very hit and miss based on user feedback. The much vaunted Fastlane feature doesn't always seem to work and then you waste a lot of time trying to get it to work properly, undoing the benefit of Fastlane in the first place, etc.

In short, my brief flirtation with the Z App per above is making me increasingly happy with my current provider BP. BP's pay-in-car feature works right every time and doesn't rely on some fancy number plate recognition that is being rolled out at a snail's pace across the network (and doesn't seem too reliable either once installed.) The Sharetank seemed like a really interesting concept that I wanted to try but it failed for me from the get go.

Slightly disgruntled at the moment about Z (speaking as a customer) and certainly am feeling like they are on a journey sideways at best...
    Last edited by Airw0lf; 15-09-2020 at 09:21 PM.