sharetrader
Page 41 of 126 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Investor

Good buying there Roger, no reason for this one to be under 155 at least in my opinion.

This seems to be treading water at the moment in regards to share price. Fully valued or no longer the hot share that it was a couple of months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    This seems to be treading water at the moment in regards to share price. Fully valued or no longer the hot share that it was a couple of months ago?
    I wouldn't expect wild SP jumps with SKL - this is a solid company, doing a good job - and they sell real stuff, not hype.

Forward PE is 11.5 - and I would think that some of the big industries they operate in (like agriculture, mining) are currently closer to the bottom than to the top. This means, I would longterm see still lots of upwards potential. When will it materialise? I don't know ... can be months, but more likely years. In the meantime they pay a good dividend, so I have no problem with being patient.

Meanwhile - for the people who prefer hype, excitement and instant rewards ... find a way to short PEB ... this is more likely to make you rich (or poor) in the short term.

Discl: holding (SKL, not PEB) & DYOR
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Well said BP. It seems to have settled at $1.50 and institutions appear willing to let stock go above that price. We're being paid handsomely with high dividends to wait and enjoy further growth in the years ahead.
    Old fashioned company requiring old fashioned patience from investors wanting further gains.

with the NZD set in concrete at 0.65USD and cost of raw materials pretty low at that moment I am wondering how the year is going to play out for these guys. Might be a win/win situation coming up I think.

Investor

I'm picking there'll be more surprises come half year results time.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I'm picking there'll be more surprises come half year results time.
    Technically its looking pretty weak and there's plenty on offer at $1.45. Pretty clear slow downtrend for the last 3 months since hitting a high of $1.60. A sustained breech of the 100 day MA currently at $1.43 would be a bad sign. Maybe global sales have been impacted a bit by the instability and with no sign of a dairy recovery things aren't quite as rosy as we'd hoped ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-01-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Technically its looking pretty weak and there's plenty on offer at $1.45. Pretty clear slow downtrend for the last 3 months since hitting a high of $1.60. A sustained breech of the 100 day MA currently at $1.43 would be a bad sign. Maybe global sales have been impacted a bit by the instability and with no sign of a dairy recovery things aren't quite as rosy as we'd hoped ?
    Maybe there's nothing in it at all? I think there was a sustained bout of insider buying recently. I don't see any insider selling?

I bought in after the strong full year results a while back with an eye of the price drifting into the realms of low $1.20's. Macro features aren't really in their favour but the company has a good leadership team and good long term prospects with usa expansion/performance a surprise packet in their last report. good divi too so I will not be all that worried if there's a squeeze on the share price for the next 9 months or so.

Their growth strategy was to expand in USA. We are lead to believe USA economy is generally on the up-tick, except for energy. Exchange rate remains favourable. As noted above, no executive sales announcements. PE still relatively low. But some big volume offerings @ $1.45. On balance, seems like it's oversold to me. Interim results announcement in 3 weeks which should clarify the situation