sharetrader
Page 24 of 116 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    1. RBC is frustrated by the majority requirement to make any strategic decisions - especially as the two other partners are now multi-billion corporates after M&A activities.

It was asked and the reply was kind of cryptic as the above. Think that RBC would like to do an IPO to raise some capital and reflect value back to RBC but the two other partners do not see as priority at this stage - they have plenty of funds to carry Aborgen through to ultimate value. There are pre-emptive rights between the partners so if timing is right, RBC can certainly push the issue.
    Seems quite strange that RBC have been quite vocal re IPO since before last failed attempt, as if they were pulling all the strings....but now not so. Or maybe I was reading it wrong all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Seems quite strange that RBC have been quite vocal re IPO since before last failed attempt, as if they were pulling all the strings....but now not so. Or maybe I was reading it wrong all the time.
    If Clearwood is sold and assuming it is sold for fair value (Let me venture US$70m), RBC will receive another US$42m which could very well be used to buy out one of the partners. This could accelerate any corporate activity like an IPO.

Red face

NBR has headline on RBC meeting - Rubicon holds on to Tenon cash with the byline : "Annual meeting excludes NBR after CEO seeks to suppress reporting of certain comments".

So with yours truly reporting, you are now more aware of what was said at the meeting.

NBR has headline on RBC meeting - Rubicon holds on to Tenon cash with the byline : "Annual meeting excludes NBR after CEO seeks to suppress reporting of certain comments".
    Written by Tim Hunter who wrote a scathing article on the ArborGen court case and vilified Luke Moriarty because of it, then remained very silent when the case was effectively dismissed.
    He's an Arse IMO and I'm glad the meeting booted out the media.
    I don't know why Moriarty didn't ask them to leave when he first asked if there were any media present. He said he was fearful of negative reporting if he did, but he has only ever had negative reporting from the NBR so why worry?
    Last edited by biker; 12-12-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Tenon has good lift, but no spin off for Rubicon, even with $42m+ due

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Tenon has good lift, but no spin off for Rubicon, even with $42m+ due
    Yes curiouser and curiouser. Either the market is asleep with Rubicon and at 22cps is the best value on the sharemarket or ???

I presume that the Top Dogs in TEN and RBC aren't to worried about the share price not going up as they have foot in both doors.They win whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    I presume that the Top Dogs in TEN and RBC aren't to worried about the share price not going up as they have foot in both doors.They win whatever.
    Having attended the ASM presentation and their thoughts on Aborgen, I think they have very very high expectations of the value of Aborgen when its value is realised.

Question is when for them, not if.

Latest Tenon announcement about purchase of assets and company wind up can only be good for RBC shareholders. If the focus then is completely on ArborGen, the RBC share price should finally get some traction.
    Last edited by biker; 23-12-2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typo

If Clearwood is sold and assuming it is sold for fair value (Let me venture US$70m), RBC will receive another US$42m which could very well be used to buy out one of the partners. This could accelerate any corporate activity like an IPO.
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/TEN/announcements/294889

Well, looks like sale could be on its*way.