sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    If I remember correctly that years ago the Green Party invested their members super fund into a wind generator fund/company which has since been decimated because the technology didn't/couldn't work commercially, are/is this the same group that are now investing in similar theories with public money ?
    No idea but if it was NZ Wind farms and an associated company a lot of investors did their dough on that, NWF may have turned the corner now but thats no consolation for the many original investors that lost a hell of a lot. Lots more to look at and research here i really hope it stacks up.I would like to support and invest in this. Green investments are a fast growing sector for very obvious reasons.

Cecila Tarrant chairperson
    David Woods board Director
    Sir Rob fenwick ambassador for the fund

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No idea but if it was NZ Wind farms and an associated company a lot of investors did their dough on that, NWF may have turned the corner now but thats no consolation for the many original investors that lost a hell of a lot. Lots more to look at and research here i really hope it stacks up.I would like to support and invest in this. Green investments are a fast growing sector for very obvious reasons.

Cecila Tarrant chairperson
    David Woods board Director
    Sir Rob fenwick ambassador for the fund

chairwomen !! ( no P C b s here please !! )

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    NGreen investments are a fast growing sector for very obvious reasons.
    Investments such as?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    chairwomen !! ( no P C b s here please !! )
    What about just Chairman. That is the term for the guiding hand I believe. To even say chair person does not actually make any sense and chair woman is just ludicrous. The "man" in chairman is gender neutral in anyway and it has nothing to do with male or female but more the word hand which is neither male nor female.

As in "my partner, she is the chairman of the board."
    Last edited by blackcap; 05-12-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What about just Chairman. That is the term for the guiding hand I believe. To even say chair person does not actually make any sense and chair woman is just ludicrous. The "man" in chairman is gender neutral in anyway and it has nothing to do with male or female but more the word hand which is neither male nor female.

As the 95 year old lady said years ago when someone addressed to her as "partner " she asked,, is that business, sporting or sexual ?

Investing in green start-ups and recycling the profits? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
    Last edited by Zaphod; 05-12-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Anyway, I hope I can learn something in this thread from all those astute investors and I hope, we all can deal with this 'potential' investment opportunity in most constructive ways.
    I know firsthand, that Green is growing strongly in Europe for example, having been managing one of Germany's biggest organic bakeries in München. The quality of the bread was absolutely outstanding, the marketing drive very close to customers and in a separate production facility for sweet stuff, the quality was to die for...and the prices charged out of this world

What's your risk profile? If you're looking to invest in start-up's then it needs to be high. Also bear in mind that you are potentially competing in an international market-place, not just a domestic one.

Yes sure. Recently I've been in contact with a financial manager from China. The bank specialized in financing start-ups to IPO stage. According to the manager, IF 2 out of 10 make it, the pay-off is huge

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

The correct terminology is straight forward. In the same way as Fireman becomes Firefighter, Chairman simply becomes Chairfighter.
    Last edited by mfd; 05-12-2018 at 08:26 PM.