sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Anyway, I hope I can learn something in this thread from all those astute investors and I hope, we all can deal with this 'potential' investment opportunity in most constructive ways.
    I know firsthand, that Green is growing strongly in Europe for example, having been managing one of Germany's biggest organic bakeries in München. The quality of the bread was absolutely outstanding, the marketing drive very close to customers and in a separate production facility for sweet stuff, the quality was to die for...and the prices charged out of this world
    I dont think that will count. First of all wheat is a by-product of agriculture. And Agriculture is a big no-no. Can't have tractors and harvesters burning fossil fuels. Second the bakery is a big no-no. Especially in Germany. Firstly because your ovens are large consumers of energy. Secondly because that energy comes from electricity via fossil fuels and nukes (my god - can you imagine the conniptions Jacinda would have if you suggested nuclear energy). Finally I cant see the Greens supporting products supplied to the high margin paying aristocracy - they are into wealth redistribution. Not spending wealth.

Yes sure. Recently I've been in contact with a financial manager from China. The bank specialized in financing start-ups to IPO stage. According to the manager, IF 2 out of 10 make it, the pay-off is huge
    in NZ, as at 2017

The survival rates of new enterprises (enterprise births) over a 10-year period showed that:
    • 26 percent of all enterprises birthed in the February 2007 year survived until February 2017 (10-year survivors).
    • Agriculture, forestry, and fishing industry had the best 10-year survival rate of 36 percent.
    • 34 percent of new enterprises in the health care and social assistance industry survived 10 years to February 2017.
    • The 10-year survival rate for the retail trade industry was 21 percent.

To conquer the unknown needs positiveness above all and a readiness to step out of learned conditioning.

To conquer the unknown needs positiveness above all and a readiness to step out of learned conditioning.
    These pithy wisdoms are worth little unless the business idea is at least carbon neutral.

Advanced Member

Infratil are pretty big on clean energy/carbon, it one of their main investment strategies.Was just reading the annual report, more boring but much safer than investing in new startups etc just because they are green.

True.
    Carbon neutrality, or having a net zero carbon footprint, refers to achieving net zero carbon emissions by balancing a measured amount of carbon released with an equivalent amount sequestered or offset, or buying enough carbon credits to make up the difference
    It's not that difficult to run a business that way

True.
    Carbon neutrality, or having a net zero carbon footprint, refers to achieving net zero carbon emissions by balancing a measured amount of carbon released with an equivalent amount sequestered or offset, or buying enough carbon credits to make up the difference
    It's not that difficult to run a business that way
    Emission trading Schemes bring in a whole new can of worms (that said Disc: Holder of RBC)