sharetrader
Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1478
    Advanced Member

agm this morning-webcast at 10.30
    Also final dividend due to be paid today.
    I am expecting it to be very positive so will be interesting to watch the sp

Permanent Newbie

Still no word on whether something will come from the electricity sector review?
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

Can't say I like Electric Kiwis idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Still no word on whether something will come from the electricity sector review?
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

Can't say I like Electric Kiwis idea.
    Personally, I'm not convinced that is warranted at this stage either. What I would like to see, is a comprehensive review of the lines companies and their pricing including the effectiveness of existing regulation.

The report is out in May. The first report was very poor, no decent analysis and the facts were from Trustpower, a biased generator. The whole industry will get a haircut to happen after the next election.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about ... I'm getting amazing deals on my residential power bill ... infact if you subtract the entrust dividend from our power bill we actually make a profit over the course of the year

The price review doesnt take account of the Entrust dividends. Says you are paying high charges. It is the worst report I have seen in my time in the Industry and that is 50 years . 30 at very senior levels.

Advanced Member

Spot electricity prices are now high all day.
    I can see this continuing with genesis unit 5(403mw) out of action and dry conditions plus extra Tiwai pot.
    Its very difficult to work out which gentailer will profit out of this.
    My speculation is that meridian and trustpower will be disadvantaged.
    Possibly mercury,contact and genesis could do well.
    I wonder if anyone better qualified has done the research as to which gentailer will have the best 6 monthly report

IMO

I hope you get a bite, id be int too.
    South island lakes are low. How is lake taupo?
    Gas supply is currently limited.
    A Rankine unit is down /being in maintainence?
    So we have an energy shortage atm, a bit of perfect storm.

I recall in past years Huntly has had to shut down over summer because its resource consent to discharge cooling water into the Waikato River is suspened when the river water temperature rises above a certain level. Should the current situation continue and the water temp restriction come into force hillarity will ensue.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I recall in past years Huntly has had to shut down over summer because its resource consent to discharge cooling water into the Waikato River is suspened when the river water temperature rises above a certain level. Should the current situation continue and the water temp restriction come into force hillarity will ensue.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I think we have to keep the lights on regardless this year. At a guess I'd suggest GNE will be doing well out of this situation this half.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-11-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine