sharetrader
Page 580 of 763 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 7628

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Something itched at me over that result, and I figured it out over the weekend. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/326966

(a) H1 profit result = -500k.
    (b) Forecast FY profit result break even = 0m.
    (c) So forecast H2 profit result = +500k. (-500 + 500 = 0)

(d) So forecast H2 profit result is an increase on H1 profit of $1m.

(e) H1 revenue is 3m.
    (f) Forecast FY revenue = 7m
    (g) So forecast H2 revenue is 4m (3m + 4m = 7m) an increase on H1 revenue of $1m.

=> So the H2 forecast is for an extra $1m profit than H1 ... on an extra $1m revenue than H1?

Well, all things are possible, but that would appear to require some significant change between H1 and H2. I've checked this carefully, but I'm only human and would be pleased if someone tells me where I've made a mistake?

And if the FY result is instead another loss, as that maths might seem to imply is possible, will shareholders be happy? Well, we find out easily enough as presumably 2 out of the 3 not-new directors must offer themselves for re-election at the AGM, since the last annual report stated (p13) "One third of the Company’s Directors (rounded, if necessary, to the nearest number) are required to retire and may stand for re-election at every Annual Meeting, with those Directors to retire being those who have been in office longest since they were elected or deemed to be elected."

Shareholders are happy if they vote 'yes' or abstain on the vote, and unhappy if they vote 'no'. That's why the system exists. Directors offering themselves for re-election is the main method shareholders retain control of a company surely.

Well, I'm sure everyone is hoping that the full year result will be a good one anyway, and then obviously everyone is happy.

Just my own ponderings as always. Disagreements welcome. Interesting that nobody much has posted here since the last result and nor has there been much trading in the market. Are shareholders happy?
    As long as we are going in the right direction and growing I'm happy to stay. I'm concerned about share price consolidations however. Is this something you see a concern with this company Simla?

Advanced Member

I would have thought that that would cost the company money and time it has other uses for. It was more or less neutral for Wellington Drive (who did a 1 for 20 consolidation in 2011) as far as I can see, and who were arguably in a somewhat analogous spot to Blis (reduced 1.3b shares to 67m).

I'm not sure that I would describe the table of financial results (a few posts back) as "growing" necessarily.
    Last edited by simla; 19-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Advanced Member

Sorry, did you mean share consolidation or share price consolidation (price corridor presumably you mean)? Ironically, Wellington Drive did both! https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/WDT....JjaGFydCJ9fX19

As to the share price, yes it seems mighty odd to me. Why is nobody either buying or selling much? I personally incline to think people are waiting to see if the board changes have an effect as the underlying financials do not strongly correlate to the share price as far as I read it. Which is why I ponder whether the next AGM might yet hold more interest if the financials do not improve. But who knows what is going on.

Obviously this forum is a place for people to ponder their thoughts out loud?
    Last edited by simla; 19-11-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Sorry, did you mean share consolidation or share price consolidation (price corridor presumably you mean)? Ironically, Wellington Drive did both! https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/WDT....JjaGFydCJ9fX19

As to the share price, yes it seems mighty odd to me. Why is nobody either buying or selling much? I personally incline to think people are waiting to see if the board changes have an effect as the underlying financials do not strongly correlate to the share price as far as I read it. Which is why I ponder whether the next AGM might yet hold more interest if the financials do not improve. But who knows what is going on.

Obviously this forum is a place for people to ponder their thoughts out loud?
    Thanks Simla! Insightful as always!

Outside thinking.

.............. As to the share price, yes it seems mighty odd to me. Why is nobody either buying or selling much?
    I think the sellers left the room long ago on this one. For every one else its seen as a "bottom draw" share (and good luck with that.)

Advanced Member

I'm not so sure it's that simple, Left Field. Shareholders of Blis have a long history of being very passionate in their backing of this company and it's product. After all, there has just been a huge turnout to vote in Barry against the Board's explicit recommendation. Hardly passive.

I think people are waiting, as I am, for this company to wake up to the specialness of this company and get a sense of urgency going again (just my personal view obviously). The only real path to the future for this company is through profit and yet each new result shows that other priorities got to the head of the queue instead.

So I incline more to think people are not willing to let go but neither do they want to buy in any more.

Me, I just wish the board would make some tough decisions and not just keep turning out the same cheerful status quo story all the time that somehow always leads to the same outcome. The Q2 loss was just the same as the Q1 loss, and yet we are assured that Q3 and Q4 will be quite different. There is just no sense of urgency that I am picking up, no sense of doubt about why profit never seems to eventuate, about why revenue doesn't grow any more.

Hey, just my views as always. Disagreement welcome.

Perhaps some of the costs for this half have been producing product that will sell in the Northern Hemisphere winter. Last year expenses in the second half were lower than the first, despite $1.2 million in extra sales in the second half. If Belgium, The Netherlands or Poland can get traction breakeven seems possible. Canada appears to still be disappointing, despite medical claims being able to be made. Amazon feedback is very thin at this stage. Positive feedback would not go astray.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Perhaps some of the costs for this half have been producing product that will sell in the Northern Hemisphere winter.
    Perhaps. But inventory is listed as 368k now, 343k in March, and 281k a year ago. Not large variations.

Inventory will be in the books at cost, margins are good if they can sell the stuff.

Advanced Member

Well, time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas again.

It was a big year for Blis from my point of view. Two things happened. Half the board are now changed. And the dog didn't bark in the night. Will this lead to an interesting 2019 maybe?

Half the board changed, which means that that half the board are not just assuming the current course is a good idea.

And the dog didn't bark in the night (Sherlock Homes). Once again the financials did not show anything encouraging, to my mind anyway. So the other half of the board might just be starting to ask if the current course is a good idea too, after 3 years of unpromising financials on whatever the current strategy is, which I still cannot personally put my finger on - it is evident by looking at the change in financial result, but I cannot really make it out otherwise myself.

So just maybe the whole board must be starting to say time for change. Well if so, then I'd be looking for 3 things. Most importantly would be a public acknowledgement that it is time for change - nothing ever happens until you nail your flag to the mast. Then they need to think of that change. And then even harder would be to make that happen and turn out profits.

Well, will 2018 be remembered as the year that the dog didn't bark in the night, and that things really started looking up afterwards? Let's see.

Happy New Year one and all.