sharetrader
Page 133 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2343

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Bit of a star today
    Sp closed at 2 year high on Friday.

A very nice 110% return from when I bought last year.

Remember the old saying - when everyone is negative, back up your truck and load up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Remember the old saying - when everyone is negative, back up your truck and load up.
    So you're busy shovelling ATM onto your truck right now then...?

Or is it not that easy without hindsight in reality... ?
    Last edited by BigBob; 25-04-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post

Haha, that's exactly I want to say.

Guru

Well I’m not, that’s for sure BB. I was going to add to Balances post....
    “if you are sure of the company and it’s forward prospects.”

I to am very happy with my FBU investment (+125%).

I can’t see this happening for ATM...but I’ve been wrong about them quite a few times.

Good old saying, yes ... and as with any other good old saying, sometimes it does works and sometimes it doesn't :

Add to that a selective memory remembering only the times when it did work and they are perfect these good old sayings, aren't they ?

BTW - hard to hold these days any shares which didn't significantly appreciate over the last 12 months ... but I am sure the Covid bearlet last March had nothing to do with it. Jut checked the Mainfreight shares I bought last March - up nearly 100% as well - and they paid a dividend on top of it! But hey, no need to be smug;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes, everyone has some good picks, and surely has some bad picks. No need to be smug on good picks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good old saying, yes ... and as with any other good old saying, sometimes it does works and sometimes it doesn't :

Add to that a selective memory remembering only the times when it did work and they are perfect these good old sayings, aren't they ?

BTW - hard to hold these days any shares which didn't significantly appreciate over the last 12 months ... but I am sure the Covid bearlet last March had nothing to do with it. Jut checked the Mainfreight shares I bought last March - up nearly 100% as well - and they paid a dividend on top of it! But hey, no need to be smug;
    I do not recall the market getting all dark and gloomy about Mainfreight like it did with FBU.

I must have missed it.

Maybe you can point us towards articles or postings to that effect?

Thanks.

I do not recall the market getting all dark and gloomy about Mainfreight like it did with FBU.

I must have missed it.

Maybe you can point us towards articles or postings to that effect?

Thanks.
    Jeez - did you loose this morning your last tooth when trying to chew the porridge? I hope it doesn't hurt that much anymore.

I didn't claim doom and gloom - but you did for FBU. Are you now telling us that all the FBU doom didn't even provide a premium for you? I am really disappointed, balance ... that's not what legends are made from ;

FBU-MFT.JPG

Just compare the SP of the doomed company you proudly and bravely picked up with the SP of an good old performer everybody else could make money with ...

BTW - MFT paid dividends, FBU didn't ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Jeez - did you loose this morning your last tooth when trying to chew the porridge? I hope it doesn't hurt that much anymore.

I didn't claim doom and gloom - but you did for FBU. Are you now telling us that all the FBU doom didn't even provide a premium for you? I am really disappointed, balance ... that's not what legends are made from ;

Just compare the SP of the doomed company you proudly and bravely picked up with the SP of an good old performer everybody else could make money with ...

BTW - MFT paid dividends, FBU didn't ...
    Eh, what's your point about MFT then?

You are trying to compare a stock like MFT with FBU when MFT did not suffer from the doom & gloom which FBU suffered from - hence providing the opportunity.

This is what I posted above so hope you have your glasses on :

I could point to HLG which has also delivered in gains like MFT over the same period as a comparison, and others could do the same with any number of stocks.

Therein lies the difference between what I posted about FBU - when a stock with sound fundamentals is trashed with negativity by the market, and that's when you load up on the stock.

MFT never suffered through that negativity which you have now confirmed. Different basis for investing.

Sounds like you have your wires completely crossed this morning, BP? Wifey did not clean your teeth after breakfast for you like she usually does in the morning?
    Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Read what I wrote back in April 2020 :

FBU's biggest weakness has always been the ego of its CEOs to use the earnings & cash flow of its highly profitable and oligopolistic NZ operations to expand overseas.

Hugh Fletcher did it with UK Paper & expansion into Australia, Ralph Waters did it with Laminex in the US, Amatek in Australia and Jonathan Ling did it with Crane in Australia.

Adamson had the misfortune of having to manage the problematic acquisitions when he became CEO, took his eye off the ball in NZ and blew the B&I divisions up!

Parred back to NZ, FBU has always been a very profitable business.

So it's upwards imo from here for a number of years
    if or until FBU acquires overseas again - then, get the hell out!
    No hindsight stuff with me, BigBob unlike others.

That's not to say that FBU did not create some concerns in the course of 2020 - sure it did and I posted accordingly.

As for ATM, it is a stock totally dependent upon China for its performance and as we found out in the last 6 months, without a clue how dependent it was and still is on the opaque Daigou sales channel. There will be a time to consider the stock - when the new CEO articulates his vision & strategy and a clear sp uptrend emerges.
    Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2021 at 12:11 PM.