sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No news and the sp $1.52, has come back to test the 90day moving average $1.51,but still remains well ahead of the 180 day moving average $1.43.
    May pay to wait and see whether the sp bounces up ,or continues down before deciding.
    Half year result is due in February.
    I continue to hold.I did notice a lot of their camper vans on the road, on my recent trip to The West Coast.A lot of THL's as well.
    The out look for the sector is good.
    thanks percy,bought some today

percy

A very positive half year result out today.
    Looking for growth in all divisions.
    Current share price of $1.99 looks to have a lot further to run.
    Forward US tax rate is most welcome.
    Just hang on and enjoy the ride Justin.
    Last edited by percy; 26-02-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Better buy than THL at current levels you reckon Percy? I have a few Atl but a lot more THL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Better buy than THL at current levels you reckon Percy? I have a few Atl but a lot more THL
    Will be interesting as I hold more ATL than THL.!..??..lol.
    The market did not like ATL's result as much as I did.?

Same here not sure why the sp felt.

Thanks Percy,Happy holding, maybe top up more today.
    Last edited by Justin; 27-02-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Handsome Member

Just read the report, how the hell did the share price head south after that result???

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Just read the report, how the hell did the share price head south after that result???
    "The result for December 2017 includes a one off gain at acquisition of $2.5mil from revaluing the existing shareholding in CanaDream".
    That may have spooked the market.
    The business is also a bit seasonal,however, take the NPAT of $16mil,and deduct $2.5mil leaves $13.5mil which is 70% of broker's forecast full year's earnings of $19.5mil.ATL have confirmed they expect to meet brokers' forecast.
    My own feelings are seasonal earnings may not be weighted as high as 70% 1st half, to 30% 2nd half.This is because they operate in Canada,USA,Australia and NZ.I also think the peak season in all countries is being extended all the time.I note the half year ended 31st December.I know from my past years travels there are still a lot of Apollo camper vans on the road until late April.4 busy months.Then USA/Canada should start getting a bit busier in May/June.
    ATL are also big in manufacturing and campervan sales, which should have more even sales.
    ATL are only really starting to see the benefits of their recent acquisitions.
    The presentation commentary was very positive,and I think ATL will do well in this strong growth sector.
    Last edited by percy; 27-02-2018 at 03:43 PM.

"The result for December 2017 includes a one off gain at acquisition of $2.5mil from revaluing the existing shareholding in CanaDream".
    The business is also a bit seasonal,however, take the NPAT of $16mil,and deduct $2.5mil leaves $13.5mil which is 70% of broker's forecast full year's earnings of $19.5mil.ATL have confirmed they expect to meet brokers' forecast.
    My own feelings are seasonal earnings may not be weighted as high as 70% 1st half, to 30% 2nd half.This is because they operate in Canada,USA,Australia and NZ.I also think the peak season in all countries is being extended all the time.I note the half year ended 31st December.I know from my past years travels there are still a lot of Apollo camper vans on the road until late April.4 busy months.Then USA/Canada should start getting a bit busier in May/June.
    ATL are also big in manufacturing and campervan sales, which should have more even sales.
    The presentation commentary was very positive,and I think ATL will do well in this strong growth sector.
    Good thoughts Percy. Whilst the report was positive I did notice their language differs a lot from THL. As an example they constantly said "in line with expectations" rather than "exceeds expectations. I'm happy to hold both THL and ATL as I think the sector is very positive and had plenty of opportunities for both.

Handsome Member

Thanks for that.