sharetrader
Page 176 of 339 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    A behemoth of a renewable energy pipeline behind Tilt... market will reward it when the time comes in 2018 > 2019

Would not consider IFT to be overvalued in the slightest... what makes you say that?

I hold both TLT and IFT.

'Turnbull’s NEG claims first major renewable energy victim'

http://reneweconomy.com.au/turnbulls...-victim-13280/

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post

Thoughts?
    Turnbull will be out of a job pretty soon so all this could be just a temporary blip.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Thoughts?
    It is to cost $115m to build one of the wind farms.Return $25m/yr if don't forward sell/hedge their production.Really?no value ?

Guru

Unusually high trade at 3,668,437 share parcel today with the price chopping up & down between $3.21 $ 3.215.
    I wonder where the SP will go from here,up?

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    It is to cost $115m to build one of the wind farms.Return $25m/yr if don't forward sell/hedge their production.Really?no value ?
    So far there is no stand-alone grid connected wind farm anywhere in the world that makes a profit without government subsidies. Tilt's Australian wind farms also rely on subsidies, and I do believe that $25M per year is inclusive of these subsidies.

Here in good old NZ, our wind farms are only profitable due to the governments carbon credits and when the company running them has hydro to complement the wind farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    So far there is no stand-alone grid connected wind farm anywhere in the world that makes a profit without government subsidies. Tilt's Australian wind farms also rely on subsidies, and I do believe that $25M per year is inclusive of these subsidies.

Here in good old NZ, our wind farms are only profitable due to the governments carbon credits and when the company running them has hydro to complement the wind farms.
    I guess the counter argument might be that the burning of fossil fuels is effectively subsidised because the company manufacturering the product and the end consumer do not pay the imputed costs associated with global warming etc.. these costs are passed onto the wider public/future generations to deal with..

Missed by that much

I guess the counter argument might be that the burning of fossil fuels is effectively subsidised because the company manufacturering the product and the end consumer do not pay the imputed costs associated with global warming etc.. these costs are passed onto the wider public/future generations to deal with..
    That would only be an argument if it could be shown that carbon trading, carbon taxes etc. will in anyway alter the earth's temperature. Even the IPCC do not make that claim; they see these taxes as a way of helping 3rd world countries catch up with 1st world countries.

The climate change is real and will lead to fundamental changes in energy supply. The NZ Electricity system is about 55% non carbon emitting , there will be carbon taxes within 2 years which will make solar and batteries cheaper than grid supply for many remote areas. This is starting to happen now.

Guru

Zip zap,Zip zap,Zip zap.I'm getting sea sick,accumulation happening !

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

You could possibly make the public health argument - that the deaths and illnesses caused by burning stuff are a bad thing.

After all, London banned coal fires decades ago. . . something to do with lots of people dying from smog.