sharetrader
Page 177 of 339 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

So Infratil's NZBus lost contracts for a whole lot of routes in Auckland and Wellington. Starting to look like they may have dodged a bullet in what appears to be a race to the bottom, cost wise.

In West Auckland the successful tenderer for some routes, Pavlovich Coachlines Limited, is trying to offload the routes only a few months in to the contract. Other companies are not interested, as they would be bound by the same contract.

And in Wellington strikes on the cards as staff (unions) don't like the new Tranzit pay rates. While higher per hour than NZ Bus, penal rates are not payable.

Minister of Transport, Mr Twyford, is considering changes to ringfence wages.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...and-bus-routes

Advanced Member

A very interesting and readable market update from Infratil today. The update takes a sweeping look at global forecasts and issues, then focuses in on what's happening in the strategic sectors the company invests in. Followed by more detail on specific investments.

A good read, very well put together.

Long Member

agreed, a nice polished update. Happily tuck the shares in the bottom drawer for another few years.

Hoping it goes down for another 5 cents for my top up on buy order that was there sitting 2 weeks ago. I'll be happy still if it doesn't get hit today though.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Hoping it goes down for another 5 cents for my top up on buy order that was there sitting 2 weeks ago. I'll be happy still if it doesn't get hit today though.
    You got your wish!
    This is one I'm looking at buying (and maybe selling some IFT bonds to keep my weighting not too high). Will be watching closely. Once the lawns are done (priorities you know!).

Looks like selling NZ Bus. Good move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    You got your wish!
    This is one I'm looking at buying (and maybe selling some IFT bonds to keep my weighting not too high). Will be watching closely. Once the lawns are done (priorities you know!).
    Okay. Glad to be hit still at 303. Nothing has changed so it's still a very good buy

Is it down partly due to Trustpower being down and doubtful?

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Is it down partly due to Trustpower being down and doubtful?
    Yes 100%, a little bit of instability over there causing a dip given IFT's large position in it. I see it as a fantastic buying opportunity, for one of the only defensive stocks on the market.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Yes 100%, a little bit of instability over there causing a dip given IFT's large position in it. I see it as a fantastic buying opportunity, for one of the only defensive stocks on the market.
    There asset mix is less compelling than previously. While selling POT, Metlife and Z has given them a significant warchest, with all three companies they left a considerable amount still on the table for the buyers.

Of the current crop:

CDC looks promising.
    NZ Bus is on the block ... and not before time.
    Longroad has potential but may come under pressure from Trump's moves against solar and wind energy.
    Perth Energy is being talked about as a turn around but has no runs on the board yet.
    Retire Australia looks like a longer term proposition and is not with risk, not least being the Aussie property market.
    Wellington Airport - needs to improve international flights to generate growth - this really requires approval for the runway extension. Early days but it's not going IFTs way.
    Tilt - needs cash. Hasn't met expectations and legislative change hasn't been helpful.
    University accommodation - Small, solid but boring.
    Snapper - Hasn't recovered from losing Auckland. No significant uptake beyond Wellington. It wins awards but not contracts.

They certainly are well poised to pounce (aided by NZ Super link) if the current situation throws up something (hopefully no Euro airports.) I continue to hold a few.