sharetrader
Page 248 of 840 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always good when head honcho buys shares ..all 25,000 of them recently

I seem to have more faith in the company’s recent performance than he does ha ha (can’t match his previous purchases though)
    Try............................................... ...........lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always good when head honcho buys shares ..all 25,000 of them recently

I seem to have more faith in the company’s recent performance than he does ha ha (can’t match his previous purchases though)
    I agree but am puzzled how he managed to make an on market purchase of 25k shares at $2.93 on 19 June?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I agree but am puzzled how he managed to make an on market purchase of 25k shares at $2.93 on 19 June?
    Very difficult when Yahoo Finance show the low for that day was $3.03.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Very difficult when Yahoo Finance show the low for that day was $3.03.
    Maybe it was a quiet day in the office and Todd filled the day in with a bit of day trading and the $2.9291 is the average cost over the day. Car guys can’t resist a bit of gambling eh.

Hoping he’s not covering his shorts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Carrot and stick

Out waddling along in the sun today I had quite an epiphany. Labour's new families package kicks in on 1 July and the head guy from Mangere budgeting service this morning on TV3's breakfast program said that the average family with 2 kids and paying rent, (with substantial long overdue changes to the accommodation supplement) will be substantially better off. He mentioned as much as a couple of hundred dollars per week for larger families paying high rent, (isn't everyone in Auckland who is renting now paying high rent ?) but still a meaningful amount for most modest income families. I think Labour haven't nearly labored (sorry couldn't resist), enough to sell the benefits of this package and it's really going to make a BIG difference. (The Carrot)

On the other side of the coin much has been made of the extra costs of the regional fuel levy about to be introduced at the same time, (The Stick)

It occurred to me that this plays directly to Turners target market ! Average man Joe Bloggs getting significantly more weekly income with an aging inefficient car is probably going to be motivated to change to something more fuel efficient and be able to fund the weekly payments from their increased entitlements.

Tailwinds coming for Turners ! (who will of course clip the ticket on finance and extended warranty as well).
    To be fair this probably benefits Colonial Motors as well so those with a bob each way are quite possibly very well positioned.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Out waddling along in the sun today I had quite an epiphany. .
    Not really an epiphany - but maybe the dementia kicking in and triggering your short term memory. This post back on 1 June (#2289) touched on most of your realisation ”Well, heres another who has just bought into TRA. I'm liking their numbers and their offering. Tipping point for me though was Auckland regional fuel tax. I'm picking increase fuel prices and an increased tax n NZ' largest population will force that population to look at their fuel economy. What better than to be eased into a more efficient vehicle with purchase and finance options which can be paid for an increasing minimum wage and public service salaries

(Which is why when I sold out of HBL I put the money into TRA - I think there is more potential from this govt positively impacting TRA, and more so than CML than HBL)

Interesting because I have also just sold HBL to buy TRA for my kids long term portfolio.
    Cheers,
    MPC

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Not really an epiphany - but maybe the dementia kicking in and triggering your short term memory. This post back on 1 June (#2289) touched on most of your realisation ”Well, heres another who has just bought into TRA. I'm liking their numbers and their offering. Tipping point for me though was Auckland regional fuel tax. I'm picking increase fuel prices and an increased tax n NZ' largest population will force that population to look at their fuel economy. What better than to be eased into a more efficient vehicle with purchase and finance options which can be paid for an increasing minimum wage and public service salariesTo be fair mate these are additional things to the new families package that kicks in on 1 July so no dementia yet, not that I can recall anyway lol

(Which is why when I sold out of HBL I put the money into TRA - I think there is more potential from this govt positively impacting TRA, and more so than CML than HBL)
    I agree that TRA is a bigger beneficiary but don't rule out some benefit for CML either as there's some serious resentment about this new (and in many people's opinion grossly iniquitous fuel tax) and new vehicles are generally considerably more fuel efficient than the type Turners generally sell. I think there are benefits to HBL as well as families find it easier to meet previously committed loan agreements and sign up new loans for whatever takes their fancy with their increased income.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Well I am seriously disappointed in fellow posters.
    Got myself very excited when I was the highest bidder at $3.08 yesterday.
    And then MiniMoke announced he was finding a home for his HBL funds. Absolute rotter trend setter that he is.,,lol.
    Now there are 63,572 shares wanted ahead of me.!!! [and I am not looking to sell any HBL]
    Just as well I already have a good holding...
    Last edited by percy; 27-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Well, heres another who has just bought into TRA. I'm liking their numbers and their offering. Tipping point for me though was Auckland regional fuel tax. I'm picking increase fuel prices and an increased tax n NZ' largest population will force that population to look at their fuel economy. What better than to be eased into a more efficient vehicle with purchase and finance options which can be paid for an increasing minimum wage and public service salaries.
    Look at dat. great dot joining mm.