sharetrader

Hybrid View

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Smile Interesting Strategy and a couple of questions

[QUOTE=heisenberg;731518]OP is a good example of momentum investment. I do a similar thing with my investment in the AMP Global Shares Index Fund. That fund mirrors the MSCI World Index, so each month I check the 200 DMA and if it sits below the price, I remain in the fund. If the price is below the DMA then I move to cash/bonds. As we’ve been in a bull market I’ve only had to swap out a few times, but I get the feeling this may become more frequent with the current economic climate.

Hi Helsenberg

Time for us to think about what's next for portfolio protection ...

1 What is OP please?

2 Can you give a URL link for either AMP Global shares Index Fund with 200 DMA or MSCI World Index with 200 DMA.

I have google searched for these a few times without success.

Did you consider 100 or 30 DMA?

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 19-10-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse - Luzern View Post
    Hi Helsenberg

Time for us to think about what's next for portfolio protection ...

1 What is OP please?

2 Can you give a URL link for either AMP Global shares Index Fund with 200 DMA or MSCI World Index with 200 DMA.

I have google searched for these a few times without success.

Did you consider 100 or 30 DMA?

Thanks and regards
    Hi and sorry about slow reply.
    OP means 'original post', nothing to do with investment.

I use barchart to get the 200 DMA data: https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/...nical-analysis

As you can see the price is below the 200 DMA therefore last month I switched to cash/bonds.

The 30 DMA would likely be much too volatile and require lots more frequent changes of position. The 100 could work, however from the back testing of this strategy I have seen, the 200 seems to be the sweet spot where you are doing less admin for maximal profit.

Hope that helps.