sharetrader
Page 430 of 733 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 7330

Scanning will be so much easier once we get our 5G chip injected
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No no ...not NPAT ....only adjusted NPAT

Real NPAT much less

Pretty good though
    Hey Winner, I'm doing a bit of WHS homework here. Going back a month, profit forecast is for 160m adjusted NPAT. Might be a simple question, but what does the 'adjusted' part mean?
    Last edited by Mudfish; 11-06-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish View Post
    Hey Winner, I'm doing a bit of WHS homework here. Going back a month, profit forecast is for 160m adjusted NPAT. Might be a simple question, but what does the 'adjusted' part mean?
    Adjusted profit is what they get when they don't count all the bits they don't think matter (one offs and abnormals like consuyants, restructuring, redundancies, project costs etc etc)

Difference between reported NPAT and Adjsuted NPAT over the last few years >$100m

But Adjusted NPAT supposedly paints a better picture of things going forward --- of course there will never be any more abnormal stuff

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Adjusted profit is what they get when they don't count all the bits they don't think matter (one offs and abnormals like consuyants, restructuring, redundancies, project costs etc etc)

Difference between reported NPAT and Adjsuted NPAT over the last few years >$100m

But Adjusted NPAT supposedly paints a better picture of things going forward --- of course there will never be any more abnormal stuff
    Cheers W. I'm just getting my head around all this. The 'adjusted' bit must be what I'm missing. Otherwise, it looks like low PE, great divi, clear stella future forecast, and everywhere I go people appear to be still spending up a storm paints an awesome picture. I'm seriously questioning what's holding the SP back? Thanks for your reply. I'll keep digging.

Sussed it all out yet Mudfish

Below is summary over last few years

Just worry about the numbers highlighted in yellow ... and the trend

Amazing that the stuff that doesn't matter (adjustments) add up $180m over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Come on mate to be fair nearly all the adjustment in the 1H FY21 is the wage subsidy, (which according to many on here was doing the right thing) and the rest was restructuring to get more efficient.
    Many would claim both these things are positive for the business...(I don't need to repeat my view on repayment of the wage subsidy again...I believe we've all firmly stamped out our opinions on that already).

WHS is in my opinion, on a fundamental basis, the cheapest stock on the NZX. I would buy more if I didn't have a fulsome sized stake already.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Come on mate to be fair nearly all the adjustment in the 1H FY21 is the wage subsidy, (which according to many on here was doing the right thing) and the rest was restructuring to get more efficient.
    Many would claim both these things are positive for the business...(I don't need to repeat my view on repayment of the wage subsidy again...I believe we've all firmly stamped out our opinions on that already).

WHS is in my opinion, on a fundamental basis, the cheapest stock on the NZX. I would buy more if I didn't have a fulsome sized stake already.
    Was only trying help mudfish out as he asked about Adjusted NPAT

Did tell him to concentrate on the Adjusted NPAT

what impact, if any, would ikea coming to nz have on whs?

For those mourning about WHS customer service....go n try briscoe....they are even useless.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    what impact, if any, would ikea coming to nz have on whs?
    I would say none .... better say negligible though