sharetrader
Page 254 of 764 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 7632

I am interested in reading the SPP. Hopefully it is full of detail on potential deals in pipeline etc. Otherwise it gives insiders a huge advantage when deciding whether to buy more shares. Also the strength of distributor eg China.
    Especially with the share price being so low.

I am suprised that Comvita are not interested in taking a significant shareholding. Then distribute through their network surely that would be profitable. Or even New Image or A2 milk. Not sure if you can put k12 in milk though

Maybe some revenue forecasts etc? I remember reading many years ago 20 million revenue projection.

Allot has been spent on product development lately, surely there must be light at end of tunnel to do this.

If cannot break even all unnecessary development should be stopped and then wait for sales to occur. No point developing pipeline products if you cant sell what you have got.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONE View Post

Very Interesting (about china partner)
    http://www.hljtg.com/cgtg/gzdt/2011/03/6389.htm

Not sure if you were having a laugh, given that the page is in Chinese....
    With my dodgy understanding of Chinese (picked up from the cartoons my kids watch), I think it's saying something along the lines of:

Harbin Boli Shi Biotechnology Co. Ltd.... also made a detailed introduction of the application and popularization of their new probiotic (Streptococcus salivarius K12) project. ... The bacterium has been available in New Zealand, Australia and the United States plus other countries for many years. The probiotics can be widely used as an additive in all kinds of dairy products, chewing gum and other food and health care products, toothpaste and other fields. Through the implementation of the project, they will increase the varieties of probiotics... and promote the sustainable development of the probiotics industry, playing a leading role. The project will cost 40 million, with profits of 800 million. However, the project is awaiting national approvals and does not have a wide range of applications. In addition, the lack of adequate funding for the expansion of production (is also a challenge).

I'm assuming that they're talking Chinese currency, so the CNY800mil is about NZ$158mil. Not bad it they can pull it off. (CNY40mil investment they mention is about NZ$8mil)

As others have said, there is massive upside potential to this whole thing (and of course significant risks!!). It's just a matter of the funding to be confirmed and some of these overseas markets/opportunities to take off.

Good luck!

disclaimer: translation above courtesy of Google. it probably contains errors. i'm too cheap to pay someone to translate it accurately so wouldn't suggest anyone takes it as gospel!

"The Board of BLIS Technologies Ltd advises that the Company has revised its
    guidance for the financial year to 31 March 2013 to an operating deficit of
    $1.3m from the $0.8m advised in March and reaffirmed at its AGM in late July."

"The decision by shareholders to maintain an NZX listing has also added to previously forecast compliance costs."

"It's very hard to know how to read that announcement. As with many of Blis's updates, it sounds like bad news on face value,"

"Otherwise it gives insiders a huge advantage when deciding whether to buy more shares."

"Very Interesting (about china partner)"

here is a selection of comments from above posts.
    the way i read it....
    the board and the very few top shareholders have tried to paint BLT with gloom lately, and the only good news comes from shareholders doing their own research on the net and finding very interesting and possibly positive news about BLT products.
    we seem to have the board trying to convince regular shareholders to delist, under the guise of saving some money...... not mentioning the lack of notices when the sh holdings change dramatically.

to me this seems like the board is nothing but a ventriloquist doll with a hand up the bottom from very large shareholders.
    i understand that the board has a big problem, and most of us shareholders are not willing to keep chucking endless cash at it..... except for some......
    so does this mean that the big holders get to pull strings on the puppet?
    if the big holders wants the company outright.... why not just make a stand in the market?
    or is the shareholders knoodling the board to get the co under fair value with info that is not made public to the rest of the shareholders?

this is all an opinion only....... but to me it is starting to stink.

we used to have the board telling us that things are going really really well, and we are almost there..... and bought the placements......
    now its endless doom from the board, while posters keep finding positive news.
    and a very few are buying massive chunks of very cheap placement shares.

imagine if this china thing is real and it comes to fruition, while we have been reading all this negative stuff from the board?

we need full disclosure, positive, negative, forecast, their global strategy and potential liaisons.
    like nestle several years ago. (and china no news on multi 0000000 numbers?)
    or.... shut shop and disperse funds, or offer the full company up for sale with full disclosure.

the krap from the last couple of years has to stop..... im surprised its even legal?
    or its "just" on the legal side.

ive been a holder for a very long time, and averaged down from a dollar to 20 something cents, and i regret this soooo much, to the point like most holders wont buy anymore till things turn positive.
    but.... i'll fight to make sure that this co isnt taken over underhandedly morally.(we know legally the t's and I's are correct) too many folks got hurt to just walk away from this when it "seems" it could be turning.

all i say is, i based my views on what the board officially states, and what posters find on the internet regarding the spread of, and takeup of the products of BLT around the world..... disregarding actual sales.

and to me it doesnt add up, yet someone is buying big at placement time.

simla..... i hope you bought a big wednesday ticket today.....
    with you at the helm of BLT, it would surely go forward.......

ok thats my monthly grumble..... feel better now. :-)

Legend

I've often wondered what is different about Blis, from other probiotics on the market, e.g. Blackmores, and various probiotic ice-creams and yoghurts that have been around for years?
    Where's the expert on this stuff?

Advanced Member

I don't think this is about the company, who are doing their best I'm sure, in very difficult times.

The share price is very low because pretty well all shareholders have refused to buy any more shares in the company for several long years, irrespective of the conversion. And most shareholders didn't give the company any cash at all last issue, so I can't feel too sorry for shareholders who are diluted by refusing to do so again this time. Of course, for some this will just be bad timing, and that is indeed bad luck. It's caught me by surprise too.

No doubt some would argue that shareholders have only been reacting to the company's situation. But I don't buy that. The company has continued to make strides every year for several year now, but most shareholders have refused to reward that with the slightest further backing. The company itself has boxed on regardless, thank goodness.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I've often wondered what is different about Blis, from other probiotics on the market, e.g. Blackmores, and various probiotic ice-creams and yoghurts that have been around for years?
    Where's the expert on this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I don't think this is about the company, who are doing their best I'm sure, in very difficult times.

The share price is very low because pretty well all shareholders have refused to buy any more shares in the company for several long years, irrespective of the conversion. And most shareholders didn't give the company any cash at all last issue, so I can't feel too sorry for shareholders who are diluted by refusing to do so again this time. Of course, for some this will just be bad timing, and that is indeed bad luck. It's caught me by surprise too.

No doubt some would argue that shareholders have only been reacting to the company's situation. But I don't buy that. The company has continued to make strides every year for several year now, but most shareholders have refused to reward that with the slightest further backing. The company itself has boxed on regardless, thank goodness.
    So Simla, what's the answer to my questions in the previous post? You will obviously know, but I don't, and I have no idea how any potential customer would.

Advanced Member

The NZ ads for probiotics are very restrained by law. That's why none of them say exactly what they do. The probiotic community is livid about the restrictions all over the world. Not all have good research however. But Blis is extremely well resarched and proved. Blis K12 is an oral probiotic, and the basic thrust of it is in their slogan "gateway to our body's health." It''s all over the Blis websites if you want to know. All the other probiotics are for the gut and tend to be about digestion. (Hey, I don't want to post regularly! No more questions please!)

Legend

The NZ ads for probiotics are very restrained by law. That's why none of them say exactly what they do. The probiotic community is livid about the restrictions all over the world. Not all have good research however. But Blis is extremely well resarched and proved. Blis K12 is an oral probiotic, and the basic thrust of it is in their slogan "gateway to our body's health." It''s all over the Blis websites if you want to know. All the other probiotics are for the gut and tend to be about digestion. (Hey, I don't want to post regularly! No more questions please!)
    No more questions, that's fine. I don't think there are answers anyway. Blis proven? If it was their ads would scream it. As far as I can see its only claim to fame is that it is considered non-harmful.

It''s all over the Blis websites if you want to know.)
    The website is a disgrace. This has been pointed out ad nauseum. It is one of the reasons they don't sell any. The BLIS management know and simply don't care.