Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: SILVER v USD

Hi Roger,

...personally would not do business with a spouse

Kind Regards

Look on trade me ...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hey Guys,

My wife bought 10 1kg bars of Silver from an outfit in Onehunga Auckland a year or so ago and wants to know what's a fair price today for her 10kg's.

I told her its about U.S. $29.30 an ounce so at say 74 cents American = approx $N.Z.39.60 per ounce and there's 32.15 troy ounces per kg so its worth about $1,273.14 per 1kg bar, total $12,731.40 - how's my maths is that about right ?

What's a normal premium for physical bars ? I'm thinking about buying it off her, we have always run seperate accounts for reasons that I'd rather not go into, so if I was to pay her a fair price what would that be ?

What would an average Gold and Silver dealer charge me to cash it in, say I keep it for a couple of years, how do I get out and how does that work ? i.e. how do they test the silver before they pay out the cash ?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Sold a 1kg bar recently on sella (free unlike trademe's $30-$40 fee) got 1355 for it I see now guys are asking 1400+ kg
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Go to Goldmoney.com they have a calculator that shows the spot rate in your own currency-then check trade me to see if theres a premium being charged

Many thanks for those suggestions. Turns out my maths isn't too bad. Minting premium for bars is a minimum of 3% and that's after you beat them down so its spot plus 3% and therefore must be worth at least $1,300 per 1 KG bar.

I think there's plenty of potential for Silver to go higher from its current price and probably gold as well. The way country's are printing money with masses of quantatative easing and running massive deficits some precious metal in one's investment portfolio makes good common sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Many thanks for those suggestions. Turns out my maths isn't too bad. Minting premium for bars is a minimum of 3% and that's after you beat them down so its spot plus 3% and therefore must be worth at least $1,300 per 1 KG bar.

I think there's plenty of potential for Silver to go higher from its current price and probably gold as well. The way country's are printing money with masses of quantatative easing and running massive deficits some precious metal in one's investment portfolio makes good common sense to me.
    Silver article

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225974436569

Mentions AYN & ARD, two of the better silver plays on the ASX

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Silver article

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225974436569

Mentions AYN & ARD, two of the better silver plays on the ASX
    too right ARDO are going really cheap 3c today someone doesn't want to make a large gain before mid next year
    esp. as ARD stated the opts exercise price would be reduced to a likely 16c from 20c current ARD bids 18c -19c offers
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

2011 will be the year Silver gets major attention too little for to many dollars looking for a safe home...thinking about buying more now $46

just dipped under US $29 oz

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    just dipped under US $29 oz
    Yeah I really believe we'll see the 2011 lows in the next couple weeks 24oz-26oz USD be a great time to load up .....will kick back into gear well before March IMHO 40oz+ this year....

my increasing Silver Bullion stash 1750oz

Attachment 3141