sharetrader
Page 864 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 36476481485486086186286386486586686786887491496413641864 ... LastLast
Results 8,631 to 8,640 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    It's not just AiR NZ specific unfortunately. Try the sam with Jetstar, Qantas, Emirates, AirAsia, Singapore etc. It's an industry thing = revenue protection by being formal/rigid around the classification of tickets and not allowing changes beyond the conditions. Airline customer support staff are trained to stick to these rules and not change them
    Well, yes ... but some airlines might have some more customer friendly conditions. I remember a situation some years ago when our son (having booked a flight with Emirates to Europe) missed the flight because of a confusion of dates (clearly his fault) ... he was basically a "no-show" for them. I fully expected the ticket to be void, but he called them nearly a week after he missed the flight, and they happily reinstated his ticket at a date he asked for. I think he had to pay a $300 or so "administration fee".

Now this is customer service (and this for economy class).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Is it me, or is it still too early to tell, but the recovery in SP looks like it will be a slow flight up to cruising altitude.

I am a little shocked there is so many people selling below 2.10...

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    It's not just AiR NZ specific unfortunately. Try the sam with Jetstar, Qantas, Emirates, AirAsia, Singapore etc. It's an industry thing = revenue protection by being formal/rigid around the classification of tickets and not allowing changes beyond the conditions. Airline customer support staff are trained to stick to these rules and not change them
    In fairness to AIR, I recently returned from a European trip traveling AIR & Lufthansa. On return to NZ, I had to check in for my return flight from AUK to Wngtn. A helpful AIR staff member noted the 3 hour wait ahead of me with my scheduled flight and said how about we try and get you on an earlier flight. This was done for me and within about 1 hour I was on an alternative flight - at no extra cost. I considered it a v nice gesture and the episode made me v happy to be returning home with AIR.
    ( In another case I am aware of, AIR found an earlier flight for a family of 3 returning from the USA to Wngtn, saving them an hour on their journey, at no cost. A nice gesture.)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    In fairness to AIR, I recently returned from a European trip traveling AIR & Lufthansa. On return to NZ, I had to check in for my return flight from AUK to Wngtn. A helpful AIR staff member noted the 3 hour wait ahead of me with my scheduled flight and said how about we try and get you on an earlier flight. This was done for me and within about 1 hour I was on an alternative flight - at no extra cost. I considered it a v nice gesture and the episode made me v happy to be returning home with AIR.
    ( In another case I am aware of, AIR found an earlier flight for a family of 3 returning from the USA to Wngtn, saving them an hour on their journey, at no cost. A nice gesture.)
    Yes this happens often with domestic flights, international as I said earlier to be fair to them they often have limited capacity to be flexible...

Quote Originally Posted by bonmaklad View Post
    You and me both. Anyone else. Who still expects a recovery to the 220's in a few weeks?

In time yes, it's not even two days yet

Quote Originally Posted by bonmaklad View Post
    Maybe saw that NTA per share as at June was only $1.76
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Overpriced then

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe saw that NTA per share as at June was only $1.76
    less $0.35 for that dividend payout and add maybe $0.06 in profits since.

So only $1.47 now.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Yeah let's head to liquidation values