sharetrader
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This is a great forum and thanks to those who provide it for us. But, please, please let's get it working properly, it's been so frustrating for weeks now. Even some indication of just what the problem is and maybe an ETA for a solution would be helpful.
    I second that. Quite frustrating to use this forum at current - and, to be honest, I start to look for alternatives.

If there is anybody around who is still listening ... any chance to get from a moderator / administrator some acknowledgement of the problems (i.e. are you aware of them?) and do you have some idea and a plan how to resolve them? It looks like some of the forum members are not just prepared but as well qualified to help.

Please - lets keep the communication channels open.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

God it's running slow again today. Practically unusable.

Hosted by 'Rimu Hosting', using a server based in Chicago?

Their own website - https://rimuhosting.com/ - is just timing out at the moment which says a lot.

Can we not get this hosted on AWS or any other cloud-based host?

(Rimu hosting's own website is back up - I tried to post this earlier but couldn't, because the server was down...)

Yep, it's getting beyond a joke unfortunately. No Russian gangs doing a NZX type DDoS then, just rubbish hosting service?

Well, back up after being down for the last day or so, but al least seems a lot faster.

Vince, any comments on what's been happening over the last few weeks?

Yes an update would be great. I was almost at the stage of giving up on the website.

The approachable Admin Guy

Okay, - site has now transferred over and running on a new server. There were major issues with the database and quite a few other things which I won't bore you with.

I know it's been really painful and pretty hard to deal with but hopefully, fingers crossed it's sorted now and running at speed.

Thanks to all those who weren't dicks about things but some of the other comments weren't appreciated that much either.

Just remember this site has been going for 20 years and this is really the first time it shat itself well and truly.

Enjoy.

Vince

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Okay, - site has now transferred over and running on a new server. There were major issues with the database and quite a few other things which I won't bore you with.

I know it's been really painful and pretty hard to deal with but hopefully, fingers crossed it's sorted now and running at speed.

Thanks to all those who weren't dicks about things but some of the other comments weren't appreciated that much either.

Just remember this site has been going for 20 years and this is really the first time it shat itself well and truly.

Enjoy.

Vince
    Many Thanks
    I have missed my daily sharetrader fix over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

Enjoy.

Vince
    Thanks Vince, much appreciated! Great to see things running well again, was really starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms!

Good to see the website up and running again ... only if one misses the chat around the watercooler (or the coffee machine) one realizes how useful it can be :

Thanks Vince for the heads up and a big thank you to the helping hands in the background to get this forum back to life.

Only one small thing ... if the forum should go again (heavens forbid) through a similar phase ... communication is key. Would it be possible to get next time during the outage at least some sort of acknowledgement of the issues and an idea what's going on (like server under maintenance and we plan to be back by dd.mm.yy hh:mm)?

Earlier in the week it sort of felt that the forum might be gone forever and posters might need to look for alternatives. I hope they didn't.
    ----

Feels like sharetrader.co.nz developed some sort of "morning sickness". Down yesterday am and today am as well for some hours.

Just wondering - will it be a boy or a girl?

Seriously - any chance we could get an update on what's happening?
    ----