sharetrader
Page 156 of 231 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2310
    Banned

Well the Trumpet has had no effect on the NZX today, people just ignoring the instrument blowing out the same old sound.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well the Trumpet has had no effect on the NZX today, people just ignoring the instrument blowing out the same old sound.
    The resident gloomy bear must be gutted.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The Overseas Investment Office has signed off on two deals involving public market transactions that have yet to be announced

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...companies.html

interesting im thinking PGW AND TGH ? anyone else got some guesses?
    one step ahead of the herd

NZX50 is up just under 3% this year at this point (5 full months into the year)

Interesting when you look at the index itself and its easy to see why the performance has been tepid so far https://www.nzx.com/announcements/318808

Factors that point to the index continuing this trend:
    - Electricity related companies currently being reviewed by the government for perceived lack of competition in pricing. This is going to last 18 months so strap yourself in. I see this as a political weapon for the government in the next election hence the drawn out process.

- Banking sector being put under a microscope in the short term here and across the ditch.

- Overpriced companies such as AIA, FPH, RBD, EBO to name a few. All excellent companies that many investors could want but a tough pill to buy at these prices.

- Poorly run companies or companies in sunset industries eg. FBU and SKT

- Greater volatility on the world stage

Annualised, we are still due a 6-7% increase from this stage but looking at that list its hard to find winners from that list that you can confidently go on (SUM doing better than others). Take out ATM and we aren't up at all really. This value investor is finding it hard to park money anywhere domestically at the moment.

Agree with you but if you look at IFT they have good forward looking growth schemes. You have left out that environmental concerns will affect diary farming going forward so I do NOT like Fonterra , SML, or ATM . If you look around a lot of diary factory assets are / have been built. The raw product probably won't be available for them.

NZX50 be over 9,000 sometime this week

And then heading to 10,000

Cool eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZX50 be over 9,000 sometime this week

And then heading to 10,000

Cool eh
    Exceptionally uncool for those wanting to add to their positions. Very little for the value investor at this point in the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Exceptionally uncool for those wanting to add to their positions. Very little for the value investor at this point in the cycle.
    I agree with this, its very difficult to find anything of value right now. I wonder when this ends..

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I agree with this, its very difficult to find anything of value right now. I wonder when this ends..
    at 10,000 plus ....maybe later
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

as J Ryder...recently said...."dance near the door".I believe I am correct but if not I apologize.