sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    nah I do work of course, have to earn my wage - got in top 5% on perfomance review for a pay rise last year. was still a small pay rise though lol
    But on any micro break or whatever im tabbing to check my investments - or doing stuff like posting here as is the case now.

Investment income (rent, p2p interest, dividends) is forecast to be > than wage earnings this year. Something I'm pretty excited about.
    I used to hate my job (and it really was a good one)....said to myself one year (2006), must work smarter because I just can't work harder....I did that and got to "retire" us to a one person income family in 2010....and now a further seven years on we earn more and have more net worth that we could have had if I had not changed our approach. Moving to just one income earner freed us up to make some really interesting life changes.

Enjoy checking on your prices frequently, keep planning and plotting....just don't make rash decisions based on a lunchtime quick price update!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    I used to hate my job (and it really was a good one)....said to myself one year (2006), must work smarter because I just can't work harder....I did that and got to "retire" us to a one person income family in 2010....and now a further seven years on we earn more and have more net worth that we could have had if I had not changed our approach. Moving to just one income earner freed us up to make some really interesting life changes.

Enjoy checking on your prices frequently, keep planning and plotting....just don't make rash decisions based on a lunchtime quick price update!
    I'm not really a rash decision maker, but yeah planning plotting forecasting tabulating extrapolating modelling make the hours tick away

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Different things need different amounts of looking at.

So I look at some things daily, some things weekly, some things monthly.

It depends on the thing.